Employer: UnitedHealth Group
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives, as a result, starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.
The purpose of the Manager, Operations Data Analytics is manage the team of SQL Developers that Support the WellMed’s Operations Department. This team plays a major role in the development and implementation of core business systems, processes, and interdepartmental reporting systems and needs a strong Manager to implement best practices and assist with prioritization of work when necessary.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design and build technical processes to address Operations business issues
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and KPI’s
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards, and performance metrics support that support key business decisions
- Recruit, train, develop and supervise analyst-level employees
- Oversee the data/report requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc
- Organize and drive successful completion of data insight initiatives through effective management of analysts and effective collaboration with stakeholders
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or related field (4 years of comparable work experience may be substituted in lieu of bachelor’s degree)
- 3+ years of previous management level experience
- Proficiency in SQL, Oracle, SSRS, ODBC set up, MS Access, MS Excel, and/or equivalent data capture/reporting tools
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities with special attention to accuracy and detail
- Proven ability to successfully conceptualize an initiative, develop a plan and execute the plan through implementation
- Experience in maintaining motivation to accomplish goals under stringent timelines
- Ability to interact one on one and consult with all levels of executive management
- Managed Care experience
- Beginning to intermediate proficiency using SQL Server Management Studio
- Good analytical, logical and organization skills
- Good understanding of technology trends and industry best practices
- Result-driven individual
- Ability to work with minimal guidance
- Ability and desire to explore and learn different technologies
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance