Title: Manager of Revenue Insights and Analytics
Location: United States
Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 2,000 school systems serving 15 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote anywhere within the Continental United States, in-person from our Boston/San Francisco offices, or a hybrid option.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced Manager of Revenue Insights to join our Revenue Operations team and build out our new Insights team. As the founding member of this team, you will help Panorama develop its reporting, insights, and analytics infrastructure to increase business visibility and enable teams to confidently plan based on all relevant data.
This is a key role, highlighting pipeline gaps and growth areas, identifying which marketing campaigns are most successful, and analyzing products sold. The candidate must be an excellent communicator, operational planner, and analytical thinker. They will be a key resource for Sales, Account Management, and Marketing leaders in identifying and documenting pipeline goals, areas for expansion, and tracking progress towards goals. Cross-functionally, they will be a key liaison between Revenue and other Panorama teams such as Client Experience, Product, and Finance.
To be successful in this role, the candidate must be comfortable engaging in ad hoc analysis to identify root-cause issues, drive ongoing data structure improvements, connect with Sales, Account Management, and Marketing leaders to align on strategy and reporting, and have a passion for translating technical issues to non-technical crowds. In the future, as we continue to grow, the Manager of Revenue Insights will manage direct reports who support our emerging needs for reporting, insights, and analysis.
- Own key company metrics and reporting including ARR, products sold, number of students served, renewal rate, and others; QA reporting to ensure accuracy in data
- Forecast revenue for sales and account management
- Develop a cohesive strategy for revenue reporting and build a data definition guide that can be used by all teams at Panorama (e.g. Product, Client Experience, Finance)
- Partner with members of the Revenue Operations team and counterparts on other cross-functional teams to align on shared metrics and goals
- Prep revenue and performance metrics for board meetings
- Analyze reports for marketing, sales, and account management and share insights that drive action and improvement
- Refine QBR (quarterly business review) reporting and analysis for each subteam of revenue (field sales, inside sales, business development, sales development, account management, marketing, etc.)
- Facilitate regular meetings with managers across marketing, sales, and account management to review data and track performance toward goals
- Analyze marketing campaign performance and understand ROI to inform future spend
- Support ad hoc reporting requests from revenue team members, and cross-functional teams, as needed
- In the future, coach and support each person on the Insights team including: holding regular one-on-one’s; identifying opportunities for growth and development; supporting hiring, onboarding, and ongoing training for team members
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 6+ years relevant experience in business development strategy, sales operations and strategy, finance, consulting, or in equivalent roles, experience in SaaS preferred
- Leadership and people-management experience in a similar role
- Expertise in revenue platforms such as Salesforce, Outreach.io, Ambition or other similar tools
- Fluency in Excel and business intelligence platforms (e.g. Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with SQL a plus
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to provide data-driven insights and recommendations
- Excellent collaboration and project management skills
- Attention to detail
Panorama excitedly hosts two in-person “all team meetings” a year. All Panoramians attend and travel/hotels are provided.
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.