Employer: Stitch Fix
ABOUT THE TEAM
- The Algorithm Enablement team at Stitch Fix is a highly impactful group of data platform engineers who develop some of the most mission critical infrastructure at Stitch Fix.
- The team owns our API strategy, execution as well as systems and platforms to help unlock critical algorithmic capabilities.
- In addition we also invest in high-leverage, self-service platforms and tools to facilitate scalable research & development for our data scientists.
- We are driven by the elegance of beautiful abstractions that scale and age well, and by helping our colleagues run production algorithms with less friction, which ultimately increases the velocity at which the business can progress.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- You’ll help guide the team through developing, scaling and operating a highly diverse set of critical systems
- You’ll help us to define long term platform technical strategy, especially focused on scalable, resilient architecture
- You’ll create a culture that attracts, develops and retains amazing talent
- You’ll collaborate and partner with other Directors across all functions of our business. You will represent our team in highly visible and important company wide initiatives
- You will have autonomy to help shape the future of Algorithm Enablement at Stitch Fix by bringing your ideas on improving and codifying what we do and how we do it
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL…
- Collaborate with different teams of data scientists, engineers and business partners to solve distributed systems and business problems in a scalable way
- Join a team that has very high visibility across the organization
- Share ideas and direct the team’s investment in impactful directions
- Contribute to a culture of technical collaboration and scalable resilient systems
- Pioneering our way through real-time interactive recommendation systems that actively learn your style.
WE GET EXCITED ABOUT CANDIDATES WHO HAVE
- Strong experience in building out scalable distributed and production systems, specifically around personalization and recommendations systems.
- Exceptional technical acumen
- Experience working autonomously and taking ownership of projects.
- Ability to think globally, devising and building solutions that meet many needs and prioritize business impact
- Strong cross-functional communication skills that help simplify and move complex problems forward with business partners
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX BECAUSE
- We are a group of bright, kind and goal oriented people. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of Transforming the way people find what they love
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day