Reporting to the Head of IT Engineering, the IT Core Infrastructure Manager will be empowering our IT Infrastructure, Network, and Virtualization teams. You will focus on building the team to support Gusto’s growth while helping set the general technical direction for the team. You will play a leading role in modernizing Gusto’s IT Infrastructure by leveraging the latest technologies to support the business.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Technical manager for IT infrastructure supporting internal business operations
- Build a highly technical team focusing on systems and network infrastructure
- Ensure that our services are robust, resilient, secure, and compliant
- Develop solutions designed to give us deeper insights into IT
- Reduce technical debt and legacy infrastructure
- Comfortable with ambiguous problem solving and encourage healthy debate within the team
- Work with cross-functional teams to build technology solutions to meet their needs.
- Manage relationships with key technology vendors
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years in a technical leadership role on an engineering or IT team
- Demonstrated leadership ability in building teams, motivating high performers, and successfully delivering on business requirements
- Hands-on experience with IT infrastructure, software engineering, networking, and security
- Experience with DevOps engineering practices
- Strong networking background
- Experience in migrating on-premise systems to the cloud (AWS preferred)
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $148K – $166K per year in Denver & most remote locations, and $171K – $195K per year San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.