Employer: Advocate Aurora Health
**POSITION PROVIDES OPPORTUNITY FOR FULLY REMOTE WORK (including out-of-state remote work)**
Does the thought of improving patient care, while helping front-line clinical staff get back to work and focused on their patients sound fulfilling and a great way to leave work at the end of each day? Do you work best when you are constantly challenged to push to new heights? If you said ‘Yes!’ to these questions, then we have a new home for you as our HIT Service Desk manager!
The Advocate Aurora Health (AAH) Service Desk is big, and we need a Manager who can help us move it to a world class service operation. Advocate Aurora Health is the 9th largest healthcare system in the United States. Our 24x7x365 Service Desk team serves our 70,000+ AAH team members across the states of Wisconsin and Illinois. You will be responsible for 75+ team members that are dedicated to helping those frontline doctors, nurses, and all of the team members who are dedicated to outstanding patient care and outcomes. As the Manager of our HIT Service Desk, you will be the face of one of the most important operations in health care. If you are ready to lead a large Service Desk that is responsible for supporting more than 100 clinical applications and more than 100,000 computer devices, we have a place for you.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent knowledge) in Information Technology or related field.
- 5 years of experience in progressive Information Systems in management of service desk, technology and support, strategic planning, customer service and mentoring.
- 1 year of supervisory experience in management of staff and budgets.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Knowledge of business process reengineering.
- Strong decision making, proven systems implementation experience.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent team player, customer service orientation.
- Exposure to staff management and development.
- Manages Service Desk operations to ensure 24x7x365 coverage for all Advocate Aurora Health team members.
- Responsible for maintaining KPIs for all Service Desk staff. Analyzes and reports on the performance of the supported products and services. Provides monthly dashboard for all Service Desk KPI’s. Provides plans to mitigate KPI shortfalls and executes plan.
- Partners extensively with other HIT groups to find ways to get calls out of the Service Desk by permanently resolving issues that cause team members to call the Service Desk.
- Constantly comparing and contrasting industry trends to ensure the AAH Service Desk is moving in the direction necessary to achieve world class status.
- Consistently evaluates the needs of Service Desk team members to ensure that they are getting the appropriate training, refreshment training, and development necessary.