Title: Manager, Enterprise Applications
Location: United States
Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 2,000 school systems serving 15 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote anywhere within the Continental United States, in-person from our Boston/San Francisco offices, or a hybrid option.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Manager of Enterprise Applications to join the enterprise applications team and help us into the next stage of operational growth. Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Applications, the Manager of Enterprise Applications will work with the business teams to identify areas of highest impact across the company and to unify systems between organizations. Panorama has recently implemented Workday for HCM. Key enterprise application functions include maintaining and enhancing the HCM module and rolling out additional modules such as Talent and Performance, Learning, and Absence. We’re looking for candidates with a deep understanding of the Workday framework, security, business process, reporting, and integrations. Workday will be a large part of the applications landscape, but the ability to quickly learn and understand other applications will be important to support a growing stakeholder base successfully.
- Collaborate with the People Team to identify, recommend, and implement best practices, standard methodologies, and user-friendly processes.
- Manage the design, testing and implementation, maintenance, and configuration of the Workday application in the following areas: HCM, Onboarding, Compensation, Talent/Performance Management, Learning, Time and Absence.
- Administer and maintain business process and domain security policies for functional areas in Workday.
- Evaluate and implement new functionality included in Workday updates to optimize the Workday application.
- Troubleshoot functional issues and resolve system, integrations, and data errors.
- Provide everyday production support, project management, data management, application configuration, technical support, and end-user training on the existing solution.
- Maintain data integrity in the Workday application by analyzing data and facilitating data loads via EIBs and running audit reports.
- Understand how Panorama operates and use this knowledge to provide a company-wide viewpoint for IT enterprise applications.
- Run meetings, create and maintain timelines, and keep stakeholders informed of progress and challenges.
- Maintain existing system integrations and lead the implementation of new integrations as needed.
- Assist in developing reports and dashboards to provide insights into business questions.
- Build and maintain a positive, trusting relationship between HR, IT, and other business areas.
- Partner with functional leads and other key stakeholders to identify new business needs and how systems can support them and align with the company strategy.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 5+ years of enterprise applications experience in a corporate IT environment.
- Advanced systems knowledge of Workday and some of the following systems: Greenhouse, ADP
- Solid background in system implementation and support.
- Has participated in successfully delivering multiple complex business applications into production.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills working with technical systems.
- High level of attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, and an analytical, process-oriented mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and participate in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Current knowledge of enterprise technology tools.
- You are resourceful and exhibit excellent teamwork, problem-solving and client-focus skills.
- Have a good sense of humor and attitude and adaptability in a fast-paced virtual environment.
- Demonstrated experience with the following:
- Ability to work cross-functionally and establish solid working relationships across the company, including team members in non-technical roles
- Exhibits a high level of intellectual curiosity, innovation, and creative problem solving; can thrive in a rapid-growth, evolving environment.
- Initiates process improvements autonomously when identified; engages the appropriate cross-functional leaders and team members.
- Manage multiple competing projects simultaneously
- Understanding the impact of and incorporating attention to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in your work
Panorama excitedly hosts two in-person “all team meetings” a year. All Panoramians are invited to attend and travel/hotels are provided.