Manager Data Architecture & BI
United States – Remote
Workato is the only integration and automation platform that is as simple as it is powerful and because it’s built to power the largest enterprises, it is quite powerful.
Simultaneously, it’s a low-code/no-code platform. This empowers any user (dev/non-dev) to painlessly automate workflows across any apps and databases.
We’re proud to be named a leader by both Forrester and Gartner and trusted by 7,000+ of the world’s top brands such as Box, Grab, Slack, and more. But what is most exciting is that this is only the beginning.
Why join us?
Ultimately, Workato believes in fostering a flexible, trust-oriented culture that empowers everyone to take full ownership of their roles. We are driven by innovation and looking for team players who want to actively build our company.
But, we also believe in balancing productivity with self-care. That’s why we offer all of our employees a vibrant and dynamic work environment along with a multitude of benefits they can enjoy inside and outside of their work lives.
If this sounds right up your alley, please submit an application. We look forward to getting to know you!
Also, feel free to check out why:
- Business Insider named us an enterprise startup to bet your career on
- Forbes’ Cloud 100 recognized us as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world
- Deloitte Tech Fast 500 ranked us as the 17th fastest growing tech company in the Bay Area, and 96th in North America
- Quartz ranked us the #1 best company for remote workers
We are looking for a BT Manager to join our Workato team and help us to elevate the maturity of the data discipline, including associated processes and technology solutions. The successful candidate will champion and execute business intelligence and data governance initiatives. This highly visible position, and extremely hands on person will be part of the Business Technology organization. We are working to continuously transform our solutions and embrace a data-driven culture that seeks to leverage data whenever and wherever possible to enhance business efficiency and effectiveness in our operations. While managing a small remote team, you will be responsible for getting requirements from the business and hands-on build the data model and data pipelines while owning the data accuracy, quality and governance of our enterprise warehouse. In this role, you will also be responsible to:
- Define, design and build an enterprise data model to establish a governed, curated, and agile data and analytics platform that enables businesses to make data-driven decisions
- Collaborate directly with executives, process owners and technical teams within each GTM domain to understand their goals, objectives and requirements while translating them into technical requirements.
- Gather and define business requirements from a diverse set of stakeholders and translate requirements into scalable and cohesive solutions
- Develop and maintain architecture artifacts like data flows/lineage diagrams, frameworks, and patterns as references for the development teams across Business Technology
- Develop consistent and scalable processes to continuously monitor data integrity
- Lead architecture review of BI/Analytics/data solutions for various Data Warehousing projects in Snowflake, and data visualization technologies
- Hands on SQL development and support of current ETL processes, sharing in responsibilities for monitoring the data warehouse loading process
- Participate in the data governance committee composed of key business stakeholders to align on data ownership, definitions, usage policies, and priorities
- Manage a small team of data analysts and data engineers
Qualifications / Experience / Technical Skills
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing principles and concepts
- Strong coding experience using SQL
- Development experience with BI and ETL/ELT tools
- Experienced in best practices of data warehousing and SDL
- 5+ years of experience architecting, designing and developing data solutions utilizing a mixture of big data and relational database platforms.
- Data/information modeling expertise at the enterprise level
- Hands-on experience with Snowflake utilities, SnowSQL, SnowPipe a big plus
- Experience creating datasets for data visualization tools
- Experience with Master Data Management, Metadata Management, and Data Quality tools, methods, and frameworks
- Experience facilitating/participating in data governance councils
- Experience designing and developing data modeling solutions using ETL tools such as dbt
Soft Skills / Personal Characteristics
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with all business leaders on data strategy and vision
- Ability to define, maintain and manage architecture models, frameworks, and artifacts and their building blocks (lower-level component) for the enterprise