Manager, Conversion Rate Optimization
- US – REMOTE
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce , named a 2022 “Best Place to Work” in Austin, is looking for a Manager, Conversion Rate Optimization. The ideal candidate is a technically savvy, data-driven marketing leader with deep experience in web optimization methodologies, experimentation frameworks and the marketing technology stack. Passionate and relentlessly focused on conversion optimization for scalable revenue growth with a track record of consistently exceeding goals. Role will be responsible for full funnel conversion optimization, including developing and executing conversion strategies, testing and improvements to meet and exceed business revenue goals.
This is a remote position and the ideal candidate will reside in Austin, TX, or in any major city in the US.
- Lead development and evolution of scalable CRO experimentation framework and strategies aligned to business needs, including: testing roadmap, test ideation, implementation tracking and reporting
- Lead team of CRO professionals to define and execute detailed test plans, including defining metrics/KPIs and implementing best practice methodologies that will result in statistically valid test results. Work closely with business stakeholders and cross functional teams to implement improvements and winning tests at scale.
- Responsible for top-of-funnel digital conversion optimization strategy and execution including CTA testing and optimization (call, chat, trial, forms, demos, Drift chatbot, etc.)
- Responsible for mid-funnel conversion optimization strategy and execution including web CTA, trial experience, email and checkout optimizations.
- Strategize cross-functionally with marketing, sales, design, and product to identify and prioritize conversion opportunities and lead execution of optimization efforts
- Create testing environments and establish metrics/reports to properly measure results across different marketing channels, different buyer segments, and different parts of the customer journey.
- Implement processes for A/B testing with rapid execution to deliver actionable data-driven results.
- Leverage proven CRO frameworks and usable templates to better educate / enable marketers to increase program performance through CRO best practices
- Deliver results without bias across teams and business units for continuous feedback loop and utilize prior results to drive future initiatives. Update benchmarks and results and share to proper stakeholders.
- Be the resident expert on all CRO efforts across the entire website, digital properties, and full-funnel customer journey
- Proactively inform the marketing team on what’s being tested, why, and expected results.
- Own optimization changes to website whether that be on our CMS (eg. Craft) or testing tools (eg. Optimizely).
- Work to identify roadblocks or opportunities for efficiency in CRO processes for continued CRO improvement
- Ensure major CRO initiatives stay on track with regular updates to leadership/stakeholders, appropriate tracking and reporting and regular assessment to business impact
Who You Are:
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Math, Accounting, Finance, CS, or similar field preferred
- 5+ years of highly successful online marketing experience in software, including B2B SaaS. At least 1 year experience managing a team
- A passion and capability for conversion rate optimization
- Experienced in planning and executing strategic CRO initiatives, including experimental design, best practice testing methodology and statistical knowledge.
- Experience with heat mapping, session replay and/or survey tools like Fullstory, Crazy Egg, Hot Jar or similar
- Experience managing, mentoring and growing a team
- Excellent communication skills.
- Technically Experienced
- A/B testing (eg. Optimizely, Google Optimize)
- Analytics (eg. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Amplitude, MixPanel)
- Data APIs (eg. Clearbit, Datanyze)
- User testing (eg. UserTesting.com, TryMyUI, Hotjar, surveys)
- CMS (eg. WordPress, AEM, Craft)
- CRM (eg. Salesforce, Marketo)
- Advanced Excel and data analysis skills; SQL a plus
- Hands on Digital Marketing experience with Adwords, Facebook Ads
- HTML, CSS, JS knowledge preferred
- Experience with chat-bot tools a plus (Drift, Intercom)
- Strategist – You understand how different marketing channels and tests affect people in different buyer segments and different parts of the customer journey from acquisition to revenue.
- Customer Focused – You want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current customers, as helping our customers’ businesses grow is the #1 goal at BigCommerce.
- Problem Solver – You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are excellent at analysis, able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems, including matters related to systems and processes.
- Psychology – Interest in human psychology and how different psychological triggers work together.
- Systems Thinker – You are dedicated to providing high-quality services, committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data, willing and able to re-engineer processes from scratch, open to suggestions and experimentation, and efficient and effective work processes.
- Process and Project Manager – You can readily design practices, processes, and prioritizations, know what to measure, and how to measure it.
- Communicator – Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical both working with people internally and externally.
- Collaborative – You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Composed – You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Personable – You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Technical Learner – You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Ethical – You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
- Priority & Goal Setting
- Process Oriented
- Crossing the Finish Line
- Technically Savvy
- Executing Plans
- Attention to Detail
- Collaborative with Cross-Functional Teams
- Proactively Communicative
- Desire to Learn & Test
- Hungry & Self-Directed
- Will to Win
- History of Winning