Freelance Localisation Project Manager
A world-class partner to the games industry, trusted to deliver the highest quality services with passion, expertise and agility
To serve our partners by enhancing the experience of gamers across the world through our passionate and expert team
Quality, Passion, Agility, Customer Intimacy, Teamwork
Over the last 20 years Universally Speaking (US) has built a reputation as a world class partner to the games industry, trusted to deliver the highest quality services with passion, expertise, and agility.
Games are only great when you step forward and bring your best skills to the team. Are you ready for your challenge?
You will be one of the first people to experience the game and will be part of a dynamic, high performing and multi-disciplined team whose mission is to get the game ready for release.
You’ll have a passion to get things right, you are thorough in your attention to detail, you’re open to learning new skills and work hard to hit deadlines.
What would you do at work?
As Localization Manager, you will plan and manage the lifecycle of new and existing translation projects from inception to delivery, ensuring that the correct workflow, resources and processes are being used and optimized so that client expectations are met or exceeded in terms of services and deliverables. Always maintaining confidentiality, identifying and flagging any issues that require management escalation.
- Estimate costs and turnaround times
- Establish the most efficient process for a given project/client
- Create a project plan and risk assessment prior allocation
- Kick-off projects according to plan and deliver on time and within budget (responsible for hitting set margins)
- Managing client relationships
- Develop client’s current workflows
- Provide swift answer and resolution to quality issues
- Manage resources relationship and ensure efficient communication
- Assist with quality control of external suppliers
- Verify quality of final deliverables
- Participate in team meetings and client meetings
- Work closely with the sales development team to establish client patterns, pursue sales opportunities, and ensure outstanding relationship is maintained with all clients
- Localization industry experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ project management experience
- Strong organization skills and able to manage time effectively
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in working with Translation Management System (e.g. memoQ)
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to remain professional at all time
- Quality focused with a keen eye for detail
- Multilingual (to native speaker/translator) level in more than one language
- Bachelor university degree, particular in a linguistic or computer related areas.
- Lunch and Learns
- Management Development
- Wellbeing Portal including Live Chat and Support
- Mini Health checks
- Access to Counselling and structured therapy
- Online CBT
- Perks and Discounts
- Qualified nurses on hand to offer support on a range of medical or health-related issues offering practical information and advice
- Social events and celebrations