Livestream Fundraising Manager
Location: US-VA-Glen Allen
Requisition ID: 2020-6455
Job Category: Field Campaigns
Position Type: Full Time
Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives?
Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? you bet!
This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people’s lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare.
This position is a full-time position.
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an opportunity for a Livestream Fundraising Manager, located anywhere in the U.S. We are looking for someone extraordinary; someone with persistent curiosity, an entrepreneurial spirit, creative mind, and a passionate drive around possibility. We are seeking a leader with the skill sets and determination to join a team that is focused on a new revenue generation strategy for the organization involving gaming and livestream fundraising.
In this role, you will be part of a team that is starting a new business within the AHA, developing strategies to build to a $50M campaign for the organization. As the National Livestream Fundraising Manager, you will identify and recruit fundraisers to the American Heart Association’s Revive program involving digital content creators on Twitch, TikTok, YouTube and other livestream platforms. You will be charged with helping content creators turn their passion into purpose by raising money and awareness to help stop heart diseases and stroke.
Essential Job Duties
- Identify and recruit content creators to the Revive livestream fundraising community; coach these fundraising content creators to ensure successful campaign; communicate with donors and fundraisers through email, social media, and other communications channels; design and implement a social engagement and stewardship plan.
- Identify and implement new ways to work with the livestream and gaming communities; and other duties that the support the overall fundraising efforts of the organization.
- Develop and foster industry partnerships with livestream and fundraising platforms and execute influencer and community driven charity livestream events and campaigns.
- Applicant must be able to think outside the box and work on multiple projects simultaneously. This leader will be a member of our National Field Development Team and work collaboratively with their teammates to develop and support the overall digital engagement strategy in support of AHA’s revenue goals.
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Digital and social media strategy experience.
- Strong understanding and passion for the gaming and livestreaming community.
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- An independent drive to succeed and eagerness to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience running a gaming social community, current associations with the gaming community and developers is a plus!
- Strong knowledge base on major livestream platforms (Twitch, YouTube, Facebook Gaming, etc.) and Discord.
- Innovative spirit with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to understand and navigate corporate cultures to achieve goals.
So, are you ready to work for the largest voluntary health organization dedicated to fighting heart disease, stroke, and other cardiovascular diseases?
Compensation & Benefits
Employees scheduled to work at least 20 hours per week are eligible to participate in the medical, dental, and vision plans the first of the month following 30 days of service. AHA subsidizes the medical and dental cost to ensure benefits are affordable. Eligible dependents under AHA’s group benefit plans include legal spouse, domestic partner, children under the age of 26 or who are disabled. AHA offers additional benefits like an EAP, telehealth benefit for general medical and behavioral health, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and disability.
Retirement Plans: AHA retirement plans offer employees a way to start saving after their first paycheck. The retirement plans provide employer contributions after two years of service. If you have previous 501(c)(3) non-profit experience, within the last 5 years, at a national health agency, an institution of higher learning or a medical institution, that experience may count towards the two-year waiting period. Employees are 100% vested in employee and employer contributions.
Paid Days Off: Regular full-time and part-time employees earn Paid Time Off (PTO) based on years of service. PTO begins accruing on date of hire. Full time employees receive one paid Community Service time off day per year and are encouraged to participate in projects, programs and organizations which contribute to the health and vitality of their communities. AHA also offers 12 paid holidays per year.
Leaves of Absence: AHA offers both Short Term and Long-Term Disability benefits which replace earnings if you are unable to work due to a non-work-related illness or injury. Employees are eligible for Short Term Disability after 90 days of service and are eligible for Long Term Disability after being disabled for 90 days or more. Eligible employees can take up to 12 weeks off of work for a qualified leave of absence under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), intermittent FMLA leaves and leave as an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act as Amended (ADAAA).
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.