Title: Linguists – Finnish
Description and Requirements
TELUS International is looking for Linguists for Finnish to work as language consultants. Linguists will be dealing with tasks that cover written and spoken modality differences of the target language which will be used to support and improve AI-led conversational interfaces (virtual assistants). These tasks require linguists to have a good understanding of spoken and written modality differences of target locale.
START DATE: immediately
WORKLOAD: fluctuating, between 15 and 20h/week
WORK LOCATION: remote
LANGUAGES NEEDED: Finnish
JOB STATUS: Freelance
Key Qualifications and Requirements
- Idiomatic fluency in Finnish
- Degree in Linguistics or phonetics
- Ability to work in an English-speaking environment.
- Ability to work with data sets in Excel and CSV formats
- Adjudication and quality assessment on natural utterances in spoken and written modalities
- Semantic annotation
- Comprehensive QA reporting, including threshold metrics for locale naturalness
- Data curation, management and delivery
- Python script execution is a plus
- Flexibility to respond and react to changing priorities quickly and efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, team player mentality, collaborative in nature, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage priorities.
- Availability to work up to 20 hours per week with possibility of extension.