Learning Experience & Instructional Designer (Remote)
The Georgia-Pacific Training & Development Team is a diverse group of professionals who partner with our businesses/capabilities to provide best-in-class learning solutions that improve performance, understanding and capabilities (including risk mitigation) of our employees.
We are currently seeking 2 Learning Experience/Instructional Designers to support the learning content design and development needs of our various internal stakeholders/clients. These positions will develop training content (in both web-based, instructor-led, and other formats) to meet the learning needs of the Learning & Development team’s clients, which includes (but is not limited to) Compliance & Ethics, Environmental Health & Safety (EHS), and other partners within the Georgia-Pacific business. The ideal candidates have a passion for adult learning and instructional design and function in a pro-active, detail-oriented manner in a fast-paced environment. The candidates should be creative thinkers who can partner effectively with peers, subject matter experts, and senior leaders to develop and execute instructionally sound and engaging learning solutions. These individuals will report to the Director of Training & Development.
This position can be remote anywhere in the US!
What You Will Do In Your Role
The Instructional Designer will provide learning project management services including instructional design, development, and revision of new and existing instructor-led and self-paced (online) learning activities. This individual will engage the project team and stakeholders to define learning program goals and objectives, complete content development, and obtain appropriate sign-off for final deliverables.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with internal subject matter experts to determine scope, requirements and timeline for learning solutions Ensuring instructional design is of the highest quality and reflects the latest learning industry best practices (both methodologies and technologies)
- Assisting in all phases of instructional design process from learner needs analysis to evaluation
- Working independently to leverage existing and SME provided information to create content and learning activities that meet learning objectives.
- Developing learning materials (for online and live delivery), including computer-based training, facilitator support guides, end user guides, and other learning assets as needed for assigned initiatives.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Associate Degree
- 2+ years’ experience with Instructional Design techniques/technologies (i.e. online development tools)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelors degree
- 5+ years of Learning & Development/Content development experience (Articulate Storyline experience preferred)
- 2+ years of working knowledge with adult learning concepts
- Experience working within a Learning Management System (LMS)
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength – focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes – medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
For this role, we anticipate paying $85,000- $115,000 per year. This role is eligible for variable pay, issued as a monetary bonus or in another form.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.