Lead Visual Designer (Brand/Graphic/UI)
Vitally is looking for a talented Lead Visual Designer to join our growing Marketing organization.
The ideal candidate is someone with a clear track record of success who can create compelling creative across a wide range of mediums including graphic design, print, UI, social, video, and beyond.
As our Lead Visual Designer, you will be responsible for setting our brand up for continuous success. This will include creating and implementing processes for bringing designs to market, as well as continuously evolving our branding and design assets that will shape our future story in the market. The right candidate is able to support the visual design needs of varying needs of multiple departments while also being able to operate independently, outside of the box, and solve for complexity with simplicity.
- Establish, update, and maintain the brand and visual guidelines for Vitally to ensure consistency across all departments and customer experiences.
- Own the relationship with relevant agency partners to ensure they properly and effectively execute Vitally brand experiences.
- Own the continuous development of the visual and brand design language of Vitally across our marketing, sales, and general branding channels.
- Work with leadership across the Vitally organization to conceptualize, build, review, and deliver assets to support key company initiatives.
- Partner cross-functionally (Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, etc.) on additional initiatives to deliver designs that are creative, useful and aligned with the brand.
- Communicate and create transparency regarding our brand values with key stakeholders.
- Build digital and physical assets that will be used across growth and sales channels. This will include email, organic/paid social content, PDFs, presentations, video content, company swag, and much more.
- Bonus: Create motion and video assets to be used across our website, as well as marketing and sales materials.
- Self-directed – You are able to effectively manage complex and varied design workloads on your own.
- Collaborative – You’re able to take a leadership posture in solving design challenges while being attentive and empathetic to the design needs of other stakeholders. You’re comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders, including executives and department leaders.
- Proactive – You love to own and build processes and prioritize scalability. You aim to anticipate needs before they arise.
- Deadline-oriented You move quickly and know how to operate efficiently in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Passionate – You love to design and are passionate about creating world-class brand experiences.
- Customer-oriented – You think about things from the perspective of the customer, optimizing for their needs over what you or others want to do.
- Results-driven – You seek to understand the impact of your work once it’s in the wild.
- A high standard You continuously develop and evolve concepts and ideas, always seeking out ways to increase the quality and impact of individual assets as well as the Vitally brand as a whole.
- A robust digital portfolio showcasing past work, as well as what your role was with each project. A portfolio review will factor heavily into the evaluation process.
- Experience developing and publishing branded graphic assets (Ad creative, pdfs, social images, infographics, decks, ebooks), web page design (UI, UX), and video.
- 4+ years experience as a visual designer, preferably operating within a marketing department.
- Strong eye for branding, including typography, colors, photography, and more.
- Experience establishing, maintaining, and implementing design processes, languages, and branding guidelines
- Experience in video design, both in creating animated graphics and editing.
- Strong communication skills to effectively work cross-collaboratively and drive projects and initiatives from ideation to completion.
- Strong visual design skills with proficiency in tools like Figma, Adobe Suite, and any other tools you recommend.
- Experience building and designing UI/UX for a marketing website with an understanding of optimizing web and mobile experiences.
- Previous working experience in an enterprise and/or B2B SaaS organization.
Vitally is a Customer Success platform built for strategic and proactive CS teams looking to easily prevent churn and retain (and identify) their best customers. Some of the best CS teams at companies like Zapier, Segment, and Productboard trust Vitally to unify their customer data. We make it possible with our powerful analytics dashboards, intuitive automations, and project management tools that all together make their customer data collaborative, measurable, and actionable for all key stakeholders– from CSMs to CEOs.
We’re a high-growth, VC-backed startup who, at the end of the day, are looking to onboard people who want to have a profound impact on both the business and their own career. How? Working together to build the future of Customer Success.
If you get excited about ownership, autonomy, impact, and quality output — then we’re excited about you. We’re not here to hold your hand, but we’re here to build a great product together.
Benefits & Culture:
- Competitive Salary: We offer a competitive salary given both your experience as well as location (we know some places cost a lot to live!) The salary band for this role starts at $120,000 and increases based on candidate skillset, seniority, and location
- Equity: We want every team member invested in the company’s success and are happy to be generous with equity.
- 100% of health/dental/vision insurance premiums covered by us for you, your partner, and your dependents.
- 401k with a company match.
- Commuter benefits.
- Unlimited PTO with a minimum we require you to take off. Please relax and recharge!
- Flexible work hours and work-from-home policy.
- WFH stipend to ensure your work environment meets your standards wit (i.e. laptop, monitor, etc).
- Education stipend.
- Culture: We are committed to a productive and respectful work environment. Culturally, the team is extremely friendly, fun, hard-working, intelligent, and mature. That said, while we’re young and scrappy as a team, we don’t believe in building a startup cult. We like each other, we support each other, we’re a focused team that busts our asses at work, and we enjoy hanging out from time to time– but we enjoy having our own lives outside of Vitally.
- Career path: Not only will you learn a ton in this role, but since we’re a small team, there will be plenty of promotion and growth opportunities ahead. Our CS team is growing fast; you will have direct influence on how we move forward.