Employer: Lumen Technologies
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Have you heard? Lumen is building, expanding, and investing in our global Edge Compute platform. We intend to accelerate the data lifecycle, boost app performance, and help drive our customer’s growth with low-latency, distributed compute.
Edge Computing Solutions at Lumen
To achieve our goal we are building small agile teams that are responsible for delivering end-to-end capabilities that include innovating and building entirely new products or enhancing the products we have already brought to the market. As we continue to build these teams we are looking to bring a diverse set of talent together and are seeking experienced cloud engineers to add to these small agile teams. The Cloud Engineer will work with the team to design, develop, implement, optimize and maintain our solutions. The Cloud Engineer will be responsible to educate on new initiatives and technologies that help to improve and enhance the Lumen Edge Compute.
To be successful as a cloud engineer, you should be able to identify the most optimal cloud-based solutions for our clients and maintain cloud infrastructures in accordance with best practices and company security policies. A top-notch cloud engineer should have excellent troubleshooting skills, stay current with industry trends, and should be a team player.
The Main Responsibilities
- Collaborating within the small team and across the larger set of agile teams identifying optimal cloud solutions.
- Modifying and improving existing systems.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives.
- Designing, developing, and deploying modular systems.
- Developing and maintaining solutions in accordance with best practices.
- Ensuring efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security.
- Identifying, analyzing, and resolving infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
- Regularly reviewing existing systems and making recommendations for improvements.
- Interacting with internal clients, providing support, and making recommendations.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Degree in computer science or a similar field.
- At least 3 years of experience in the field of computing.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms preferred
- Automation using scripting such as Bash, Shell, Python, etc.
- Data Center, infrastructure and Linux systems engineering
- Experience with CI/CD systems
- Experience with SysOps building a server farm for a cloud environment
- Azure, AWS, and GCP certifications preferred.
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills.