Title: Lead Software Engineer, API & Integrations
Location: United States, Remote
It’s no surprise that 6sense is named a top workplace year after year we have industry-leading technology developed and taken to market by a world-class team. 6sense is Top Rated on Glassdoor with a 4.9/5 and our CEO Jason Zintak was recognized as the #1 CEO in the small & medium business category by Glassdoor’s 2021 Top CEO Employees Choice Awards.
In 2021, the company was recognized for having the Best Company for Diversity, Best Company for Women, Best CEO, Best Company Culture, Best Company Perks & Bene ts and Happiest Employees from the employee feedback platform Comparably. In addition, 6sense has also won several accolades that demonstrate its reputation as an employer of choice including the Glassdoor Best Place to Work (2022), TrustRadius Tech Cares (2021) and Inc. Best Workplaces (2022, 2021, 2020, 2019).
6sense reinvents the way organizations create, manage, and convert pipeline to revenue. The 6sense Revenue AI captures anonymous buying signals, predicts the right accounts to target at the ideal time, and recommends the channels and messages to boost revenue performance. Removing guesswork, friction and wasted sales effort, 6sense empowers sales, marketing, and customer success teams to signi cantly improve pipeline quality, accelerate sales velocity, increase conversion rates, and grow revenue predictably.
About Integrations team at 6sense
The Integrations team is responsible for various data integrations with our customers and partners: from ingesting large quantities of data into our data warehouse to exporting processed results back into external systems. We have built highly scalable systems that can ingest billions of new records on a daily basis. This data feeds into our ETL pipeline that processes the data for consumption by the 6sense platform.
We have also built low-latency APIs that match an IP address or email-address to a company. This helps our customers and partners tap into our best-in-class company ID graph and enables various real-time personalization use cases on their websites or backends. The distributed nature of the user-base, the scale of the data and the response time requirements provide unique challenges that require a sophisticated API architecture.
The team consists of engineers at different levels of experience, covering a broad range of skillset but united by a shared drive to build great things. The team is growing in lockstep with the overall company, to take on bigger challenges. There are ample opportunities to learn and grow and build cool products.
A Lead Software Engineer (APIs and Integration) at 6sense will have the opportunity to
- Scale our customer facing APIs to handle 10x the current demand
- Assess the strengths and limits of the current technical design, communicate, plan and prioritize improvements or redesigns to resolve those limits
- Strengthen the monitoring and alerting capabilities and maintain a high availability SLA for the APIs
- Work with Engineering Manager and Product Managers on team planning and roadmap
- Mentor junior engineers and help onboard new engineers
- Own technical design and performance for products/features you own
- Deliver projects end-to-end from a technical perspective and perform detailed design, coding, unit testing, performance testing / analysis, troubleshooting & bug fixing, as required
- Develop cutting-edge solutions to maximize the performance, scalability, and distributed processing capabilities of the various parts of the system
- Build microservices and their deployment processes
- Work with problems of scale, employ technologies that are distributed in nature
- Promote and set examples for high code quality like unit testing, good variable naming, modularity, etc.
- Own products/features at multiple levels: code, data, metrics, reduction of support frequency, etc.
- Work with other teams on cross-functional, multi-team projects
- Anticipate and pre-empt deployment or down-stream issues ahead of feature release
- Ensure new features are properly tested at scale prior to release
- 6+ years of professional, recent coding experience in Java (ready to code in week 1)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in designing, developing, and maintaining large-scale, customer-facing REST APIs with low-latency, high scalability and availability
- Experience using metrics to analyze performance, identify optimization opportunities or to set up alerts
- Can take vague requirements and move toward an actionable design by coordinating with engineers, product managers, data analysts, QA, etc.
- Strong fundamentals in data structure, algorithm, design patterns and object-oriented programming
- Comfortable with Unix / Linux command line
- Proficiency with Git as a version control system
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with docker and container platforms like Mesos and Kubernetes
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
Nice to Haves:
- Professional coding experience in Python
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Familiarity with Django, Django admin, Django REST Framework
- Application benchmarking and optimization
- Multi-processing and concurrency
- Experience with big data
- You understand that software engineering work does not end with the code
- You can work independently but coordinate effectively with your team
- You take ownership of projects and drive them to conclusion
- You’re a good communicator and are capable of not just doing the work, but teaching others and explaining the why behind complicated technical decisions
- You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves: This role will evolve over time, and we’ll want you to evolve with it!#LI-remote
Every person in every role at 6sense owns a part of de ning the future of our industry-leading technology. You’ll join a team where curiosity is prized, no one’s satis ed with the status quo, and everyone’s all-in on the collective good.6sense is a place where difference-makers roll up their sleeves, take risks, act with integrity, and measure successby the value we create for our customers.
We want 6sense to be the best chapter of your career.
Feel part of something
You’ll be part of building tomorrow’s tech, revolutionizing how marketing and sales teams create, manage, and convert pipeline to revenue. And you’ll be seen and appreciated by co-workers who challenge you, cheer you on, and always have your back.
At 6sense, you’ll experience the passion from customers and colleagues alike for our market-leading vision, and you’re entrusted with applying your unique talents to help bring that vision to life.
Build a career
As part of a company on a rocketship trajectory, there’s no way around it: You’re going to experience unparalleled career growth. With colleagues as humble and hungry as you are, and a leadership philosophy grounded in trust, transparency, and empowerment, every day is a chance to improve on the one before.
Enjoy access to our Udemy Training Library with 5,000+ courses, give and get recognition from your coworkers, and spend time with our executive team every two weeks in our All Hands gathering to connect, learn and ask leaders about whatever is on your mind.
Enjoy work, and your life
This is a place where you’ll do your best work and inspire others to do theirs where you’re guaranteed to make realconnections, for life, along the way.
We want to help you prioritize health and wellness, today and tomorrow. Take advantage of family medical coverage; a monthly stipend to support your physical, mental, and nancial wellness; generous paid parental leave bene ts; Plus, we have an open time-off policy, so you can take the time you need.
Set for success
A vision as big as ours only comes to life when we’re all winning together.
We’ll make sure you have the equipment you need to work at home or in one of our o ces. And have the right snacks, pens or lighting with our work-from-home expense reimbursement allowance. We also partner with WeWork to make sure that if your choice is a hybrid of home and o ce, we have you covered in the locations they’re offered.
That’s the commitment we make to every one of our employees. If this sounds like a place where you’ll thrive as you take your success to the next level, let’s chat!
6sense is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.