Lead Product Designer
Pilot is looking for Product Designers to help build the future of the financial back office.
- Take broad conceptual ideas and turn them into delightful solutions.
- Bring your ideas to life through brainstorming, sketching, prototyping, and high-fidelity mocks.
- Design the end-to-end experience for features within your product area.
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with design, product, and engineering teams
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Research, and Operations to uncover user insights.
- Directly interface with users to conduct research and validate your designs.
- Participate in design reviews to share your work regularly with the design and company leadership
Our ideal candidate will have 2+ years of product design experience, and can additionally demonstrate the following:
- Ability to make informed design decisions and articulate them simply.
- Can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of simplicity and easy-of-use while meeting user needs.
- You care deeply about customers and enjoy creating delightful experiences.
- Experience working with an established design system.
- Proficient with design tools (Figma), and can demonstrate excellence in design craft.
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team.
- Enjoy working with other designers to help them learn and growand are eager to learn and grow yourself.
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts – which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees – who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion Meet Fintech’s Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees’ development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- Competitive benefits package including wellness benefits such as Modern Health, Headscape, One Medical, Aaptiv and Rightway
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Pilot commits to provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment, as well as equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. You may view all of Pilot’s recruiting notices here, including our EEO policy, recruitment agency policy, recruitment scam notice, and important E-Verify information.