Title: Lead Game Designer
Location: US National – Fully Remote
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Are you a game designer with a deep love for Dungeons & Dragons?
We’re seeking an engaging, hardworking, and player-focused Lead Game Designer to join our team building the future of Dungeons & Dragons’ digital play experience! In this role you will plan, detail, and supervise the creation of intelligent tools and digital content for all players, while also aligning with the business and design goals of the product. You will be an advocate for the player experience and the design ethos of the studio, collaborating in real-time with product managers, programmers, and UX designers to deliver the highest quality results.
Applicants should be enthusiastic about solving unique problems, have a proven track record of leading diverse teams in a variety of game genres, and be ready to immerse themselves in the work of digitizing the world’s greatest role-playing game.
What You’ll Do:
- Formulate Tactics: Collaborate with the Game Director on overall strategy and devise your own plans to achieve these goals.
- Lead the Way: Help the team understand how and why we are building specific features, own the process, and deliver results to the players.
- Explore Dungeons: Build up and maintain detailed documentation for new features with your team, leaving no pathway unexplored.
- Min-max the Game: Get the most out of features and systems with tools that empower both content designers and players.
- Fire up the Forge: Jump in and create content or prototype when needed, take control of your vision.
- Join the Party: Regularly play the game, filter feedback and suggestions from other members of the team.
What You’ll Bring:
- Proven experience as a game designer – minimum 6 years.
- At least 1 significant shipped project with lead design responsibilities.
- Deep knowledge of how to make games and how to “find the fun.”
- Strong analytical skills and a love for efficient problem solving, understanding when to use data to help make decisions.
- Experience with Dungeons & Dragons / TTRPG design and a drive to keep updated with the latest trends in the industry.
- Positive, direct, collaborative communication to improve our shared vision.
- Flexible, adaptable approach with a constant appetite for new knowledge and experiences.
- Motivated and self-sufficient, able to mentor and lead a diverse team of developers, artists, and designers.
- Understanding of UX concepts and ability to build flow charts.