Lead Full Stack Software Engineer (Angular /Java)
Humana’s Data and Digital (D&D) group drives innovation to create data-driven platforms, products and services for use across the entire organization. The AI Engineering team in D&D is a key part responsible for enabling and empowering data scientists and business analysts with innovative software solutions and technologies on Azure.
The Lead Full Stack Software Engineer in AI engineering team will work with the architects, product owners, and fellow engineers to lead the design, development, and deployment of software architectural components and solutions for web applications and system-to-system integrations with high security, performance, and low total cost of ownership.
- Lead, design, and develop full-stack web applications using Java, Angular UI, and NoSQL database on the Azure platform.
- Lead, design, and develop API-based system-to-system integrations with Humana’s Data as a Service Platform, Natural Language Processing (NLP), and Humana Identity and Access Management.
- Work with UX designer for high level designs
- Manage software code repositories, lead product technical design sessions, conduct code reviews, and accept pull requests.
- Collaborate with the QA team on functional, performance, and security testing.
- Troubleshoot and resolve critical customer escalations related to technical, stability, and performance issues.
- Collaborate with and influence peer architects through knowledge-sharing sessions.
- Provide training and mentorship to engineers.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 8-10 years of experience in enterprise SaaS software development.
- 8 years of experience in full-stack web application development using Java, Angular or React, and NoSQL databases, employing microservices or serverless architecture.
- 3 years of experience with Azure, AWS, or GCP cloud services platforms.
- Security: Hands-on experience with user authentication and authorization using SSO, SAML, and OAuth. Knowledge of secure web application development best practices.
- DevOps: Hands-on experience with modern CI/CD automation ecosystems such as Azure DevOps, Azure Pipelines, Terraform, Azure Resource Manager, AWS CloudFormation, Kubernetes, GitHub, and configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Hands-on experience in UX design.
- Experience in the healthcare business and industry.
- Experience with mobile app development
Location/Work Style: Remote US
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. Just to name a few:
- Work-Life Balance
- Generous PTO package
- Health benefits effective day 1
- Annual Incentive Plan
- 401K – Excellent company match
- Well-being program
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Student Loan Refinancing
If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana.
Work at Home Guidance
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended to support Humana applications, per associate.
- Wireless, Wired Cable or DSL connection is suggested.
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if they provide an optimal connection for associates. The use of these methods must be approved by leadership. (See Wireless, Wired Cable or DSL Connection in Exceptions, Section 7.0 in this policy.)
- Humana will not pay for or reimburse Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates for any portion of the cost of their self-provided internet service, with the exception of associates who live or work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota. Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.