Title: Lead Data Reporter
Location: Remote, US
An Introduction to Forage
At Forage, we believe that talent is evenly distributed, but opportunity is not. We want every student to have the opportunity to build vital career skills and industry knowledge for free, and thus, give everyone the chance to discover and land their dream job.
Today, millions of candidates explore Forage virtual experiences to learn more about the unique and compelling work companies have to offer. Hundreds of firms (e.g. Goldman Sachs, BCG, JPMorgan, Accenture) around the world currently showcase their work and career paths on Forage. Our global reach means we can make a direct impact on the world’s future workforce.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of a fast-growing mission-oriented start-up with a global presence backed by world-class investors including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Blackbird, Telstra Ventures, Y-Combinator, FundersClub, SemperVirens, Arizona State University and others.
We are looking for an experienced data-driven reporter to join our growing content and editorial team. The ideal candidate has experience turning raw data into compelling and actionable headlines, working cross-functionally and has a history of developing content that drives media coverage and real business results.
This is an opportunity to build a new function within our content team for a company with an incredible mission alongside a super passionate yet humble group of people.
- Collect, clean, interpret and/or combine data from internal sources, surveys, public data and/or other relevant sources
- Foster a culture of data-driven storytelling, pushing the boundaries of how Forage uses data to educate and inspire
- Report and write 3-4 stories per month using various data resources; use results and/or media feedback to inform future analyses
- Partner with internal and external PR teams to ensure content and analyses are media and consumer-friendly (unique, relevant and actionable)
- Work closely with data team to obtain deep understanding of Forage proprietary and internal data
- Create and manage supporting graphics, including charts, graphs and infographics
- Monitor news and trends related to education and careers and actively pitch story ideas back to the team
- Represent Forage as an expert spokesperson during select media interviews
- Responsible for shared media mention and coverage goals
We focus on hiring values-aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-belief plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. University degrees aren’t required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- Proven background and work experience in data reporting or data journalism
- Proven experience uncovering compelling stories within large or complex data sets
- Familiarity with at least one data analysis tool, including Excel, SQL, Python and/or R
- Familiarity with data visualization tools
- Excellent written communication and creative thinking skills
- Track record of delivering strong business results
- Knowledge or interest in the education and careers space and SEO a plus
Why work at Forage?
Forage is a small but dynamic team of builders who are passionate about equipping people with the skills to find their dream job. We are a global team, based in offices (and home offices) across Australia, the US and the UK.
Working in our team includes the following benefits:
- 20 days of paid vacation leave
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan
- Top-tier medical, vision, and dental plan for you and your dependents
- Company-paid basic life insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and Dependent Care FSA (DCFSA)
- Home office setup stipend
- Flexible work schedule
- Equity compensation plan
- Access to office space in NY and SF
- Access to an employee assistance program and a professional development fund
- 18 weeks of fully paid parental leave for the primary caregiver and 8 weeks of parental leave for the non-primary caregiver
- Full paid day off to celebrate a holiday of choice
- Commuter benefits
We celebrate diversity and we want people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences to join our team. Even if you feel like you only have some of the qualities outlined in a Forage job description but you still feel like you are the right person for the job, we encourage you to apply. We do not discriminate based upon gender, race, ethnicity, religion, color, age, religion, disabilities, sexual orientation, or other applicable characteristics. Employment decisions are purely based on qualifications, skills, and business needs.
You’ll fit in at Forage if you’re different; if you stand out from the crowd; if you have a unique perspective and you like being creative. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Colorado and New York Residents
Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and New York City Human Rights Law requires employers to provide the salary information for positions that are located in or can be remote from the State of Colorado or located in New York State. The median salary for this position is $95k USD plus equity. The final agreed-upon compensation is based on individual qualifications. Please email email@example.com for any questions.