Lead Content Designer
Home – Based
Washington – Seattle Metro – Remote
Texas – Austin Metro – Remote
California – San Francisco Metro – Remote
job requisition id
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good you’ve come to the right place.
The Slack Design team is hiring an experienced content designer to work closely with product teams and to shape the craft of product content as a whole. We’re looking for someone who excels at solving user experience problems through content strategy, information structure and language and has experience building content systems that help others do the same.
Our ideal teammate likes to make the complicated simple, provide clarity out of messiness and make any product copy sound clear and human. If this sounds like you, please get in touch.
About Content Design at Slack:
The content design team is part of the larger Slack Design organization. We specialize in language, partnering with visual and interaction designers, product managers and user researchers to craft the end-to-end product experience.
Our team mission is to make Slack experiences clear, intuitive and delightful for everyone. It’s our job to help people do their work and feel like humans while they do it.
As a team, we delight in giving and receiving feedback to help each other be the best content designers and thought partners we can be. We love mentoring and coaching other content folks and cross-functional partners who want to learn more about language and our discipline.
Our team values:
Flexibility – we’re embracing flexibility as we evolve the team and our discipline at Slack.
Equity- we want to bring diverse voices and perspectives to Slack content design so our product reflects everyone who uses it.
Craftsmanship – we are committed to investing in our craft to have greater impact on the customer experience.
Energy – we prioritize rest, balance and play. We see these as necessary to support our creativity and the quality of our work.
Leadership – we embrace our agency and autonomy, giving each person an opportunity to choose the work they do and grow their knowledge and skills.
How we show up for each other and our partners:
We are open, collaborative and opinionated
We are kind and powerful
We are approachable and a little strange
- Define best practices, lead creative exercises and help set the vision and strategy for your product’s content and for Content Design as a whole.
- Own product copy and content strategy for your teams’ features.
- Demonstrate the impact of your work proactively and often. Use data to guide and advocate your work.
- Partner with Product Marketing, Product Management and other cross-functional partners to develop a consistent voice, tone and taxonomy for your product area.
- Be an active and available craft mentor to other content designers, and partner with us in building our positive, collaborative and healthy team culture.
- A cover letter and portfolio of your work.
- Experience in product writing and content strategy. Demonstrated record of writing successful UX/UI copy with measurable impact.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator or equivalent design tools.
- Experience advocating for content and design, garnering resources when needed and driving projects forward even in the face of obstacles.
- Experience creating and applying style guides and related artifacts to help others write successfully.
- 5+ years of industry experience.*
- Ability to track the effects of your work across multiple teams, and proactively manage issues and complexity.
- Leadership skills: the ability to give strong, thoughtful feedback, and an active drive to help others improve.
- Understanding of the Slack voice, and ability to extend it and adapt it based on context.