Title: Lead Adobe AEM Developer
At Perficient, you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. You will do this with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
About Our Practice:
The Adobe Practice at Perficient was established in 2010 and has expanded to a global presence. We are a fast-growing Adobe group that was named a Power 10 Partner by Adobe in 2021. We are recognized thought leaders in the industry by Adobe and our partner peers.
Why Work for the Perficient Adobe Practice:
- Adobe Alliance: Power 10 Platinum Partner with insider access to engineering, help network, and early access sandboxes
- Career Growth: Formal Career Counseling program including regular 1:1s, mentoring/coaching, goal setting, paid training and certifications
- Adobe Platform Growth: Cross-training opportunities in AEM Content, Assets, Forms, Adobe Experience Platform (AEP), Analytics, Target, Marketo, Workfront, and ancillary technologies (e.g., ReactJS)
- Celebrating Thought Leadership: Blogging; Center of Excellence; proof-of-concepts; new technology investments; accelerators
- Culture Club: Monthly virtual activities like Fitness Challenges, Charitable Giving Campaigns, Fantasy Football, Seasonal Contests (e.g., Halloween costume contest, Halloween trivia)
- Big opportunities: Work on key projects for some of the most recognized brands
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Lead AEM Developer for our Adobe National Business Unit. This position can be located anywhere in the U.S. The position is mostly remote, however, light travel is expected when client travel restrictions lift in 2022 (less than 5%).
Heavy growth opportunity. Great work/life balance.
As a Lead Adobe AEM Developer, you will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes estimating, technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support of application developed for our clients. As a member working in a team environment you will work with solution architects and developers on interpretation/translation of wireframes and creative designs into functional requirements, and subsequently into technical design.
- The Lead Adobe AEM Web Content Management Developer will play a vital role in the development, design, testing and deployment of Adobe Experience Management Web and Mobile solutions. You will work closely with clients, developers, system administrators, project managers, business analysts and end users to build a state-of-the-art Digital Platform using Adobe’s Digital Marketing Product Suite.
- Design efficient content models, security models, workflows and templates.
- Develop AEM templates and components leveraging current AEM software releases
- Work with junior developers to mentor.
- Conduct code reviews.
- Employ strong coding standards for efficiency, readability, and reuse.
- 4+ years of experience implementing Adobe AEM 6.4 and later required; AEM 6.5 is a plus. Design, develop and support AEM components, integrations and applications.
- Minimum of 7 years software development experience
- Minimum of 5 years with J2EE programming experience required
- Experience mentoring junior developers, code reviews etc.
- Familiar with DevOps best practices a+
- Experience integrating AEM Cloud Services is a+ (Test & Target, Analytics…)
- Experience working with geographically separate project teams
- Experience implementing web content management systems in a large corporate environment.
- Experience with object-oriented design and design patterns
- Excellent estimation abilities in scoping work in a highly complex environment
- Experience building, deploying and supporting Internet-facing applications
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.