Lead Accountant, Netex Data Analysis – Remote, US
Location WFH, United States of America
Job Id 329673
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
As a Lumen Lead Accountant, you will be responsible for a portion of the Company’s Facilities Costs (Netex Accounting and Reporting) including but not limited to:
- Manage and reconcile large data sets (“Big Data”).
- Database management (AIM, Oracle, CDMT etc.) and reconciliation.
- Monthly AIM database management and reconciliation including manual accrual process, IODO analysis, optimization, etc.
- Monthly close process, variance analysis, and financial reporting.
- Liaison with various internal (AMO, FP&A, Margin Assurance) and external (APAC, EMEA regions) on problem resolution and process improvements.
- Monthly recurring circuit based accruals.
- Variance analysis, reporting and account reconciliations.
- Ad hoc analysis and research as needed.
The Main Responsibilities
- Accurate & Timely accounting for specific Netex Accounting areas listed above.
- Monthly AIM close process including interfacing with EMEA region, finalizing AIM, and uploading to SAP.
- Monthly and quarterly accounting entries and account reconciliations including OneStream.
- Monthly and quarterly variances analysis and other reporting.
- Work with FP&A, AMO, Product Finance, Revenue, GL, IT/KM, Margin Management, AP and Netex Invoice Processing / Dispute teams, to analyze and report results for specific Netex Accounting areas listed above.
- Maintain internal control integrity and related SOX documentation and compliance.
- Develop presentations for management and stakeholders regarding financial results.
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance.
- Document all procedures.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 5-7+ years of data management, accounting, and financial reporting experience.
- Bachelors or Masters in Accounting or business systems.
- Must have the ability to interact with various other groups and levels within the company.
- Must have the ability to deal with large volumes of data and be savvy with various data systems and reporting tools.
- 2-4 years of experience working with large public company ($1B+ in revenue).
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Advanced/Expert Excel skills (Pivots, Vlookups, Sumifs, VB a +).
- Advanced/Expert SQL, Access, Hyperion Essbase, Oracle, or similar database tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- CPA license preferred.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Telecommunications industry preferred.