The Integrity and Risk Launches team is part of Meta’s Global Operations Customer & Product Operations team that provides a suite of services as our Product Management, Policy, Engineering, and Operations partners design new product solutions. The new suite of products we’re building for Meta and Instagram are emerging, experimental and have the potential for explosive growth. In this environment, new ideas quickly become extraordinary products, services, and community experiences. The Launches Operations Project Manager is the operational expert for their ever-revolving suite of products, excited to face the challenges of high pace and scale head on! The successful candidate thrives in an ambiguous, cross-functional environment and wants to solve uncharted problems more than anything else. The Launches Operations Project Manager is the operational leader for new product launches across Meta’s family of apps. This role drives product operational direction from pre-production all the way through post-launch support; across a portfolio of products continuously in flux. They’ll know which questions to ask, and have a tenacious desire to answer them by using data analysis and cross-functional collaboration. They also must keep all moving parts—technical, regulatory and operational—integrated to meet go-to-market timelines. This also means that a successful Launches Operations Project Manager must have a strong technical understanding of their products and have experience influencing key design and architecture decisions to meet ambitious targets and key operations KPIs. Bring the passion for people and build empathy for them through data – The sky’s the limit!
Launches Operations Project Manager, Integrity and Risk Launches Responsibilities
- Ensure the successful launch of products towards meeting its stated cost, quality, schedule, and availability goals, as well as securing tools, technology, staffing, training and documentation plans are in place for our partners who manage the global workforce.
- Cultivate strong relationships with cross-functional partners necessary to drive success, (including data teams, engineering, product, privacy, and legal) and collaborate with them to ensure product responsibility, reliability, quality, compliance and go-to-market strategies are met as we launch new Meta and Instagram products.
- Manage an agile and ever-changing portfolio of projects within Meta, across all stages of the product life cycle: emerging, new, maturing and scaled.
- Manage complex compliance factors on behalf of the organization, including risk assessments and implementing safeguards such as the development of operational protocols, training, reporting and controls to ensure the workforce is prepared to uphold our community, product and research standards.
- Assess, consolidate, and communicate risks and statuses clearly and succinctly to management, calling out key issues and presenting options for resolution to the cross-functional executive team through the new product reviews and other executive forums.
- 4+ years experience in a project or program management within a consulting, operational, financial or software/hardware business with experience working independently, managing multiple concurrent processes and projects, and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience building and managing relationships with cross-functional partners and stakeholders at a project and program level.
- Experience involving analytical rigor as typically seen in, but not restricted to, functions like finance, business operations, data teams, etc. or industries like consulting, banking, etc.
- Problem-solving experience with business problems (commercial, operational, organizational) using large databases and qualitative information from various sources.
- Experience presenting business and technical content to senior stakeholders, peers and general audiences, leveraging story-telling, charts for visualization and use of lookup and other functions with SQL/Tableau/Power BI/visualization tools.
- BA/BS in an empathetic analytics or social field or (e.g. Human Rights, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, User Research, or related field).
- Experience working with and managing internal and external suppliers.
- Experienced in leveraging Excel spreadsheets for running data analysis and building quantitative models with complexity for business decision-making.
- Asana Project Tracking experience.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $91,200/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)