Junior Marketing Designer
Backstage matches creative projects with the best talent. We help staff over 50,000 creative projects a year in film, television, commercials, branded content, theater, experiential marketing and more.
At our core is a strong belief in breaking down barriers and providing direct access to the best talent in the creative industry. We’re a team of customer centric, analytical and creative problem solvers with a passion for helping our customers make amazing projects together.
Backstage is seeking a Junior Marketing Designer to conceptualize and execute designs across all marketing channels and multiple brands. You will be joining a designer and Creative Director on the design team. The design team is part of Backstage’s larger Marketing department, which consists of 14 team members specializing in growth, design, demand gen, email, content, and conversion rate optimization. We value innovation, experimentation, and data-supported decisions in a supportive, democratic, open, and respectful environment.
As our Junior Marketing Designer, you will be creating assets for email, organic and paid social, web ads, and presentations/decks to support marketing campaigns. Our campaigns begin with a brainstorm session with the marketing team. From there, we outline all of the needed assets in a Creative Brief to be completed within 3-7 weeks, depending on the size of the campaign. Ad hoc requests are submitted via form, with the deadline dependent on scope and scale of project. As we are a lean team assisting multiple brands with design, you must be very organized with excellent time management skills.
The Junior Marketing Designer will report to our Creative Director.
What you’ll do:
- Produce and maintain high-quality marketing assets that adhere to brand standards across all of our diverse properties; deliver creatives to spec and by deadline
- Partner with the Creative Director and Design team, including freelancers, to conceptualize and execute marketing/branding creative requests and campaigns
- Work closely with social and email marketing team members to create assets that match campaign objectives
- Assist in the creation of visuals, infographics, videos, and animations
- Manage post-production process, including image resizing, photo retouching, clipping and quality control management of all photography and videography
- Create and maintain all design templates for standardization and consistency across all brands
- Preserve and improve upon our file management system
What we’re looking for from you:
- Advanced proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator; After Effects and Premiere Pro experience a plus
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates a fluency in core graphic design principles (layout, typography, form, color composition, imagery, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience working in motion graphics and video editing
- Past professional experience working with a creative team
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills; ability to shift gears quickly and attack a multitude of diverse projects at once
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Company remote-first policy
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Along with your health insurance, we provide memberships for the following: Health Advocate, TelaDoc, and Talkspace
- All-access pass to WeWork co-working spaces across the globe!
- Employee Discount Program
- 10 paid holidays
- Generous PTO
- Summer Fridays from Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Equipment you need to do your job
- 401K Match
- Reimbursement for conferences and continuing education to support your professional development
- Great Place to Work Certification!
About Backstage Holdings
Backstage Holding’s mission is to empower creative talent and streamline the content creation process for projects in film, television, commercials/branded content, social media, theater, music video, video games, and more. Backstage provides solutions that manage the entire project lifecycle, including talent discovery and staffing, production, post production, and distribution. Our brands include Backstage, Coverfly, FilmFreeway, Final Draft, ShareGrid, Sonicbids, and Voice123. Backstage Holdings is part of Cast & Crew, a family of individually innovative companies modernizing the ways in which content is created.