Employer: UnitedHealth Group
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
DocASAP, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is a high-performing startup that is optimizing the health care industry by transforming 1.1 million providers into one streamlined system that reduces wait times for patients so they can get access to care when they need it. Our CEO championed this initiative after waiting hours in an emergency room with his son. We are actively reducing wait times across providers as our company grows thanks to our team’s positive attitude and strong family spirit. At DocASAP, we know happiness and productivity go together. We offer flexible working hours in a performance driven environment.
As part of Optum, DocASAP is a patient access platform that matches the patient with the right provider, at the right time and right setting. The Engineering team plays a key role in defining and growing DocASAP’s intelligent, market leading platform. You will play a significant part in supporting the transformation and scalability of our platform to meet the market needs. You will be supporting and driving the DocASAP SaaS capabilities, responsible for building and managing our APIs.
We are looking for a Java Developer to join our technical team for developing solution in our patient access and engagement platform. We want a team member who strives to develop a first-class codebase using Java best practices. This individual is passionate about working in a high-energy environment and eager to improve design to help achieve scale in long term.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work as a part of our core engineering team to ensure the highest standards of design, implementation, performance, and security
- Work closely with the product team to ensure all customer needs are met
- Design and build upcoming new features
- Support and extend existing features
- Participate in daily SCRUM meetings
- Review requirements and develop technical solutions to meet requirements
- Estimate project deliverables
- Develop and test REST APIs to meet project requirements using Java Framework
- Work with data providers and API consumers to clarify requirements and remove roadblocks
- Provide innovate solutions to technical challenges
- Build and deploy framework components to achieve automated testing goals for the team
- Drive automation into everyday activities
- Deliver high quality high performing solutions
- 2+ years of experience working in software engineering organizations
- Experience with Java and Spring Framework including, but not limited to, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring ORM, Spring Rest, and/or Spring Cloud
- Experience working with relational database design and query via both SQL and ORM (Hibernate, Spring Data)
- Undergraduate degree
- Domain-driven design experience
- Healthcare experience
- Exposure to scheduling applications
- Experience building high performing consumer facing products
- Hands-on experience with Redis Cache, Memcache or Ehcache
- Experience with Microservice architecture, including REST API design
- DevOps experience
- Experience with ElasticSearch or other document-oriented database
- Experience with asynchronous data pipelines or similar modern messaging framework such as Kafka, AWS SNS/SQS, or other
- AWS, GCP, Azure, or other cloud background