Title: IT Project Manager – Telecommute
Location: Eden Prairie MN US
Job Category: Technology
Job Type: Full-time
Travel Percentage: -1
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Ability to lead and engaged large teams towards several program deliverables
- Ability to work within a matrix organization where your team and assigned resources have competing priorities
- Ability to collaborate, coach and mentor partnering Project Managers to build efficient management systems
- Work directly with Network Security and Internet Services (NSIS) staff from technical to executive level
- Excellent communication, collaboration, presentation, and relationship management skills
- Partner with stakeholders (internal and external to Optum) to ensure proper strategy, plan, alignment, integration, and visibility
- Create, own, and facilitate program status and ongoing project meetings, including setting agenda, driving direction, decisions, documenting meeting notes, action items, owners and dates
- Establish and maintain solid relationship with internal, external customers and 3rd party vendors
- Ensure team awareness of project tasks and requirements, aligning to the program and project plans
- Drive best-practices and documentation in support of repeatable processes
- Demonstrate project management and system development lifecycle best practices
- Drive consensus and decision-making with business, IT and executive management
- Influence senior leaders to balance competing priorities
- Managing project financials
- Mitigate risks and addressing program, project obstacles as needed
- Identifies and solves problems using analysis, experience, and judgment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- MBA degree or equivalent IT Project Management experience
- 10+ years of direct IT Technical Project Management experience within a large enterprise with a matrixed hierocracy
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple technical projects of varying duration
- Ability to support a 24/7 service organization/model where deliverables are deployed outside the normal work hours
- Experience managing Infrastructure, Networking, Security and/or Datacenter Migration projects
- Prior experience communicating effectively across all levels and audiences (executives, technologists, engineers, customers, vendors, and other business professionals)
- Successful track and ability to define project scope, objectives, deliverables, and timelines
- Experience in working through complex issues and providing alternative solutions, with IT organizational and cross-functional awareness
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation, collaboration, and relationship management skills
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple
- Demonstrated experience using MS Project, Excel, Visio, Power-Point and SharePoint
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Additional Job Detail Information
Business SegmentOptum Technology