Employer: Duluth Trading Company
Who We Are
Started in 1989, Duluth Trading Company is a team of tinkerers, taunters, fussers, and fine-tuners who enjoy working hard just as much as our customers enjoy our hardworking gear. Duluth Trading Company’s house of brands, including Duluth, AKHG, and Best Made, are all bonded by the belief that there’s always got to be a better way.
Why Work at Duluth Trading Company?
We’re powered by the heart, grit, and dedication of our band of hellbent tinkerers and taunters. While we never take ourselves too seriously, the same can’t be said for the work we do. That’s because our no bull brand is very serious about making the best apparel and gear for hardworking people looking to take on life with their own two hands.
Favorites such as our Ballroom Jeans, featuring crouch without the ouch, Buck Naked Underwear, and No-Yank Tanks reflect our attitude. We pride ourselves in outthinking, outsmarting, and outcrafting average in everything we do! The talented people we seek want to be proud of where they work, have a commitment to do things better, and be part of an omnichannel house of brands that knows where it’s going.
At Duluth Trading Company, we fundamentally believe in strong in-person interactions as our culture thrives when we learn, create, and collaborate with each other. We also believe that the future of work at Duluth includes flexibility.
We are headquartered in the Madison, WI area, but this job may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado. If you happen to live near and enjoy coming into the office, we will welcome you too!
Full-time. Remote. Salary based on experience and location.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with business and IT stakeholders to shape the vision and roadmap for Duluth’s Data Services platform and its components
- Keep open lines of communication with Directors and Vice Presidents within the stakeholder community, staying abreast of strategic decisions and how Data Services should evolve accordingly
- Rally diverse groups of stakeholders around a cohesive product strategy to achieve organizational vision
- Facilitate collaborative decision making while balancing business goals and technical considerations
- Manage the product backlog(s), using customer and business value to prioritize features
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to identify emerging needs and trends
- Write user stories and requirements as needed or in conjunction with a Business Analyst
- Work closely with developers, QA, and other IT partners to execute on user stories
- Serve as a product evangelist and change agent
- Participate in the oversight of strategic projects that relate to Data Services
- Collaborate with the project sponsor to determine goals, deliverables, resources, budget, scope, and timing
- Guide the project team on behalf of the project sponsor as needed
- Alongside key business partners, lead the Data Governance Committee in managing enterprise data guidelines, best practices, and definitions
- Work closely with Technical Architects to represent data-related business and product needs as our capabilities evolve
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business, Computer Science, or related field
- Equivalent work experience is considered
- Certified Product Owner or Software Product Management Certification is preferred but not required
- 5 – 7 years of relevant experience, specifically in data engineering, data analytics, or data architecture
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with a cross-functional team to support a company initiative
- Demonstrated experience with analytic technologies and techniques such as customer data hygiene, data architecture, marketing automation, and data mining
- Demonstrated experience with requirements gathering, stakeholder collaboration, and project oversight
- Demonstrated experience with data architecture and data governance
- Excellent attention to detail, written and oral communication, multi-tasking, and ability to work in a team atmosphere adhering to deadlines
- Solid knowledge and understanding of SDLC and/or ITIL concepts
- Solid knowledge and understanding of agile best practices and execution
- Solid knowledge and understanding of general business acumen
- Solid knowledge and understanding of SOA, data lake, and business-facing data analysis tools are a plus
Duluth Headquarters Benefits and Perks
As we continue to grow Duluth Trading Company and its house of brands, the perks have perked up, too. We’ve boosted an already impressive benefits package to include: unlimited paid time-off, 12-week full-pay parental leave, paid holiday time for the important observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day and Juneteenth, flexible schedules, and more! Why’d we go all out? Because our pursuit of a better way means that when it comes to great talent, better perks are a given.
The responsibilities outlined in this position description are a guideline for the general duties of the position and are not exhaustive of all duties inherent in the job. Duluth Trading Company is an equal opportunity employer.