About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We’ll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
We are looking for a star iOS engineer to join our remote-first App Experience team. We are an agile and product focused team building out the next generation of experiences on our consumer facing app. You will play a central role in refining and developing processes that enhance our codebase, development cycle, and architecture. The variety of scale and diversity of features that AppX works on means there is always something new on the horizon. From ad tech to experimental features, you will gain experience across a wide array of initiatives. As a core contributor you will have an outsized impact and plenty of room for career growth in a group that is central to BuzzFeed Tech’s strategy and goals.
- Lead the team in taking our iOS architecture to the next level
- Set, maintain, and iterate on code standards and best practices for the team
- Build, maintain, and optimize our consumer-facing iOS app and in-house mobile frameworks
- Collaborate closely with product and design and directly impact features before and during development
- Work directly on business critical apps that span entertainment, news, shopping, quiz, and food
- Collaborate with the team on product and design to bring your features to life from beginning to end
- Build consumer facing interfaces that directly drive revenue
- Integrate into an existing app codebase while innovating on brand new features
- Set a standard of excellence for the larger app group beyond Tasty
- Help define the future of Commerce Innovation on Tasty
- 5+ years of iOS engineering experience and expert at Swift
- You are a passionate and engineer who enjoys contributing to and leading technical projects and working with engineers at all levels
- You understand the importance of putting the user first when making engineering decisions
- Value testing, instrumenting and documenting your work
- Adapt quickly to change and love to ship and iterate, building on new user research, insights and data
- You like to have fun, and your work reflects that
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.