iOS Architect – Mobile Apps
Region: United States of America
Business Unit: Store Support Centre (SSC)
Time Type: Full-time
Description & Requirements
Who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we’re in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
About this team
The Architect partners with delivery teams to architect, design, and build flexible, scalable, and resilient applications and services that can more easily adapt to future business needs. The Mobile App is the Guest facing iOS and Android Application. The App is the Front End experience for guests to browse and purchase product, as well as engage with other Guest Specific features, such as Community, Wishlist’s, Loyalty etc.
A day in the life:
- Lead the business/functional architecture and strategy for solutions in a manner consistent with lululemon Technology’s enterprise architecture, applying common frameworks and re-usable components
- Help ensure the operational platforms and associated interfacing data and systems have been properly architected from and end-to-end perspective to meet the functional and non-functional needs of the business
- Work closely with other domain architects (DevOps, CICD, Mobile, db, and other integrated systems) and development teams to support and guide solution implementations and acts as an advisor for technical resources on projects
- Assist the estimation of dev and QA efforts ensuring proper understanding of implementation scope, as well as adherence to best practices and methodical delivery
- Work directly with Business Analysts to define and refine technical requirements for future work
- Ensure as-requested functionality gets translated into as-designed solutions within the context of timeline, resources, org structure and quality
- Take ownership of bringing conceptual design down to a level of detail that can be physically implemented. Ensuring all required details and documentations are in the right place on Jira and confluence.
- Develop and maintain current and future-state architecture models
- Stay abreast of industry best practices, technologies, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Partner with delivery teams to architect, design, and build flexible, scalable, and resilient applications and services that can more easily adapt to future business needs.
- Conduct code reviews alongside QA and developers to ensure adherence to specs, design solutions with other architects for system integrations
- Collaborate with DevOps and infra teams for backend setup,
- Participate in technology reviews and conduct as-built audit + documentation, and work with ops readiness teams to design system continuity and support.
- Advise Mobile Developers on best practices and Architecture usage
- Coordinate Mobile Application Release Processes
- Advise and Monitor Resource usages and costs (AWS)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 Years Architecture Experience
- Strong experience building inhouse apps.
- While proficiency in Cloud architecture is not required, the experience building architecture for Apps with a supporting Cloud architecture is.
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.