Instructor, Cybersecurity (Full-Time, Remote)
Fullstack Academy is a top-ranked immersive school for technology skills training. Fullstack offers comprehensive training opportunities across the U.S. and prepares students with the in-demand skills they need to launch fulfilling tech careers.
“Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience” is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. We’re looking for a Full-Time Instructor to help transform the lives of our students, and through them, their communities and economies.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Instructor at Fullstack Academy, you’ll scale your impact as a Cybersecurity professional by training the next generation of cybersecurity talent.You’ll create dynamic learning experiences through deployment of instructional best practices that are student-centered and designed to meet the needs of adult learners. You’ll co-facilitate lessons from the curriculum and will serve as subject matter expert to students and staff. You will support students through exercises designed to build knowledge and skills and promote grit, problem-solving and a collaborative learning community. Ultimately, you will prepare students for the next chapter in their lives as they seek employment in the Cybersecurity field.
This is a full-time, remote role, as classes at Fullstack Academy are delivered synchronously and are 100% online. This role reports to a Lead Instructor and is supported by a collaborative instructional team and dedicated support staff to ensure an exceptional experience for each student in the cohort.
In this role, you will:
- Create a positive, professional and inclusive learning environment, by:
- Teaching select lessons in accordance with learning objectives and fidelity to session plans provided by Fullstack
- Employing strategies known to meet the needs of adult learners, including leveraging tech tools, instructional best practices and connecting content to the real world by sharing industry insights and professional experiences
- Managing regular communication with students to align on progress, expectations, celebrate milestones and address concern areas
- Providing individualized student support during synchronous class sessions and outside class synchronously during office hours and asynchronously through timely communication
- Evaluate student performance and progression toward competencies based on course deliverables and course rubrics, by:
- Providing constructive and timely feedback to students in the cohort, escalating concerns in a timely manner to the Lead Instructor
- Assisting in the management of Performance Action Plans for individual students who need additional support
- Serve as role model for students and as an ambassador for our brand, by
- Exhibiting professionalism and an ethical and empathetic approach when engaging with Fullstack staff, students, and the public
- Promoting student retention and amplifying student satisfaction by creating a positive classroom culture for the Learning Team, communicating timely with students and leveraging effective interventions and sharing of resources
- Encouraging teamwork and seek feedback for continuous improvement
- Completing project work as assigned by the Manager of Instructor Teams, such as curriculum updates and revision, assistance with screening new instructor team members and updating instructional support resources
You are a great candidate for this role is you have:
- 2+ years of experience in the Cybersecurity industry as a Threat Researcher, Cybersecurity Analyst, SOC Analyst, or similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field
- A passion for the Cybersecurity industry, and to impact lives and business outcomes
- A passion for teaching and an ability to explain complex technical concepts
- A history of choosing a path of integrity
Full-time Instructors are exempt employees and as salaried employees can expect to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act disclosure:
The expected compensation for this role for candidates from Colorado is $88,000-$90,000 per year, plus benefits, for candidates who fulfill the qualifications for the role. Candidates whose qualifications are above those listed are encouraged to apply as well. All final offers to candidates will be based on that candidate’s unique experience and skillset, and not all candidates will qualify for the top of the salary range.