Employer: UnitedHealth Group
UnitedHealthcare is a company that’s on the rise. We’re expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Learning Solutions team is looking for an Instructional Designer to develop and maintain learning programs. The team is responsible for applying adult learning strategies to create effective, engaging and innovative programs to support our internal business segments.
As a member of this team, you will collaborate with other business segments to conduct detailed analysis and design. You will also be responsible for developing solutions to improve performance and evaluate training effectiveness to ensure learning transfer occurs and performance requirements are met.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support training initiatives by creating and maintaining instructor-led and online course materials
- Monitor and measure the accuracy and effectiveness of training content on business performance
- Conduct detailed course analysis and create design documents and storyboards
- Ensure content development and maintenance projects meet or exceed the requirements of the business
- Communicate project status updates with program stakeholders
- Work with business SMEs and stakeholders to request Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other technical documentation revisions
- Maintain current knowledge of the latest concepts and best practices in instructional design, technical writing and adult learning
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in applicable field of instructional design and technology preferred
- 3+ years developing training
- Experience consulting with business partners and project stakeholders
- Experience with Articulate Storyline 3 and 360 development suites
- Experience with incorporating multiple media elements in to learning programs including audio, video, and graphics
- Experience uploading published content to a LMS
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Master’s Degree or higher is Adult Education, Instructional Design/Technology, or related field
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management, planning, and project management skills
- Highly motivated, eager to make a difference in the learning process
- Ability to work in ambiguity in conjunction with the development of new systems and processes
- Ability to simplify complex information for adult learners
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $58,800 to $104,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy