Instructional Designer and Training Leader
Job Location US-Remote
Job ID 2022-13881
Category Customer Care
Job Type Full-Time
We’re SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they’ll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you’ll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we’re all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think. So, we’re spreading smiles and positivity all over the country.
It’s no small task. That’s why we’re looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns, into life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
We are looking for a Customer Care / Clinical Instructional Designer & Training Leader as part of our COE Team. As an Instructional Designer & Training Leader, you be responsible for developing content that will guide Team Members and Leaders through your course design that enhances adult learning, reduces time to competency, and achieves program objectives. Using your professional expertise & instructional design skills to develop courses that address student/learner needs in a regulated industry.
- Critically analyze & evaluate existing training material. Collaborate with Subject Matters Experts, Process Analysts, Clinical Teams, and Business Owners to drive a world class training experience.
- Continually identify areas for improvement while making recommendations to increase the quality and effectiveness.
- 3+ years prior experience in editing documents/presentations from multiple sources to achieve a consistent style and voice that represents the Smile Direct Club vision and brand.
- Owns the development and facilitation of Train-the-Trainer sessions as appropriate so that others can deliver the content effectively and as designed.
- Responsible for the design and development of instructor led, eLearning modules and video tutorials using professional judgment regarding features, layout, and screen elements.
- Define learning objectives and goals for success. Map these to the appropriate learning module to help build a robust training curriculum while yielding strong results in a clinical environment.
- Must possess exemplary communication, presentation, organization, and time-management skills.
- Execute additional projects as required by the Director of COE or Chief Customer Experience Officer.
- 3+ years of experience creating learning experiences as an instructional designer working with adult learners with a document history of success.
- Instructional Design Certificate (or) BS in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, or similar experience.
- Strong knowledge with Content Management System (similar to WordPress), Camtasia, Adobe Creative Suite, Storyline, Sum Total and Ed Cast to develop and deliver training material.
- Excellent written, verbal (communication skills) and organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Commitment to producing high-quality, cutting-edge deliverables and high degree of creativity and flexibility.
- High energy and enthusiasm a must.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines
- Schedule Flexibility to adjust a meet tight deadlines with limited notice.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervisory direction.
- C2 English Proficiency.
- Developed training content in a clinical environment, preferentially the Dental or chair side industry.
- MA degree in instructional design, educational technology, or similar experience
- 2+ Years leading, supervising a training and or instructional design team.
Benefits of Joining the Club
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with match
- Aligner and Whitening Benefit
- Collaborative work environment and positive culture