Instructional Designer (Remote)
REMOTE, UNITED STATES
SALES & ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT â€“ MULTI LOCATION
Candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to qualify for this role. See below for more information.
Do you love creating engaging instructional materials for Sales teams? Want to join a small but mighty team? Yelp is looking for epic talent! We are hiring an Instructional Designer to support our Multi-Location Sales Organization. In this position you will focus on designing and developing dynamic, visually electric learning solutions, instructor led and self-paced, to help solve business problems. From analysis to implementation and evaluation, you will create elegant and valuable learning experiences to enable our business strategy. Whether it’s a video, eLearning, live class, job-aid, or something else, you will figure out and consult with the business to identify the best approach and make it happen by leveraging existing content or creating something brand new, all the while helping ensure our Yelp associates are making use of the most innovative, up-to-date learning techniques, tools, and technologies.
We are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at Yelp.
This is a full-time role based in the United States.
Where you come in:
- You will design, develop and maintain course materials including instructor manuals, participant guides, eLearning, video, train the trainer materials, job aids, evaluations, tests, etc.
- You will consult with business division leaders to design learning solutions based upon audience needs and task analysis that include recommended delivery method, curriculum content, and supporting materials to ensure mastery of learning objectives.
- You will help stand-up a forthcoming Content Management System that will serve as an internal wiki for Sales.
- You will establish relationships with business partners to stay aligned to forecast learning needs and recommend learning solutions.
- You will establish, implement, and maintain instructional design methodologies, tools, and best practices.
- You will conduct task/impact analysis using standard department techniques ie. surveys, focus groups, interviews,etc.
- You will work within existing resources and materials to up-level, consolidate, and simplify their delivery to a given audience.
- You will evaluate the effectiveness of training design through the creation of assessments, activities, and evaluations that gauge the mastery of learning objectives during and after training.
- You have experienced the capability of Articulate 360, and other authoring tools.
- You will perform other related duties as assigned.
What it takes to succeed:
- You have 5+ years experience in instructional design and development, adult learning theory, and technical writing.
- You have the ability to work independently with senior staff guidance.
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in education.
- You ideally have experience working with Sales organizations as your primary stakeholder.
- You ideally have Exceed experience.
What you’ll get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (accrual begins on date of hire and increases with 2+ years of tenure thereafter), 7 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Target salary is $135,000 annually. You may also be offered Restricted Stock Units and benefits.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be eligible for this role. Exceptions are made only where legally required.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education â€” and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include â€œPlaying Well With Othersâ€ and â€œAuthenticity.â€
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Actual salary offered may vary based on multiple factors, including but not limited to, an individual’s location and experience.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.