REMOTE, USA /
Aalto has set out to create the modern, self-serve real estate platform homebuyers and sellers have been craving for decades. Beginning in 2021, sellers have been able to list their homes with a flexible and no-risk process, unlocking homes for sale months earlier than traditional real estate. Homebuyers enjoyed Aalto’s exclusive homes, unique insights, and rebates. Tens of thousands of buyers and sellers across the Bay Area are already using Aalto.
We are a distributed team of do-ers with five pillars at our core: start by being bold, drive a little over the speed limit, be an owner not a renter, disclose often, and demonstrate radical caring. Learn more at aalto.com.
About the Team:
We are a group of 12 engineers from startups and established companies alike. We divide and conquer with members of our team working on one of the following: Growth, Consumer, Platform, and Infrastructure. We are a growing Infrastructure team within Aalto’s engineering organization. Our responsibilities span infrastructure management, automation, security, and compliance. We work in a primarily GCP environment and manage a reasonably sized Kubernetes fleet of services.
We aim to hire an Infrastructure Engineer who is passionate about changing the way people buy and sell homes
About the Role:
We’re looking for a seasoned professional with cloud infrastructure and DevSecOps expertise. You’ll own our infrastructure, platforms, and software delivery pipelines. You’ll work with a high degree of autonomy while partnering closely with our Platform and product teams.
Who you are
- You are a hands-on technical professional.
- You have a passion for security and automation.
- You take pride in building reliable, scalable, and secure systems.
- You care about user privacy and data protection.
What you’ll do
- Balance the need to maintain a secure environment by enabling our team to ship reliably and quickly, with minimal disruption.
- Implement secure infrastructure solutions using infrastructure as code, containers, and cloud services
- Design and manage secure continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Identify security risks and implement appropriate controls across our infrastructure and applications
- Perform security reviews of infrastructure and code changes before production
- Automate monitoring, incident detection, and response
- Investigate and resolve infrastructure and security issues, implementing preventative measures
- Collaborate closely with product engineers and other teams
- Continually improve our processes to optimize for security, reliability, and maintainability
- Be bold. Go big with ideas, knowing “different” often beats “better.”
- Drive a little over the speed limit. Embrace the discomfort of speed, as it’s our core advantage.
- Be an owner, not a renter. Make decisions like it’s your company… because it is.
- Disclose often. Make a habit of sharing your plans and learnings widely.
- Demonstrate radical caring. Go way beyond what other companies consider “normal,” both for customers and colleagues.