Growth Marketing Lead
BuildZoom is the only trusted marketplace for high-value renovations and residential construction, a $250B market in desperate need of disruption. We guide people through the challenge of finding and hiring the right contractor for their project, saving them time, money, and aggravation. This year alone, we’ll manage nearly $400M in projects and are doubling each year with a clear path to becoming the category-defining company in residential construction.
We’ve built a powerful growth engine that drove nearly 50K consumer leads in Q3 of last year, which translates into around $4B in potential GMV. We are looking for a rockstar to join our Growth team and work directly with Co-Founder David Petersen, who runs the growth strategy, and help us move even faster.
- By Day 30, you will have developed a clear understanding of the business’ operating model, its key drivers, and KPI(s); The primary growth channels and underlying unit economics, with particular emphasis on the growth channels you’ll be taking ownership of; and the different departments and team leads you’ll be working most closely with
- By Day 60, you will have taken ownership of your assigned growth channels and their KPI(s); meeting with FP&A at the beginning of the month to set a target for the upcoming month that you’ll be spending the majority of your time working to hit; representing growth in a variety of recurring meetings, and leading channel-specific meetings with relevant team members
- By Day 90, you’ll have started to execute on a roadmap to drive innovation across your channels, running a select group of experiments to validate growth hypotheses, working within the organization to drive structural and procedural improvements, and started early discovery on additional channels or areas of ownership
Primary Growth Channels
- Content marketing – through this channel, we develop and publish high-quality content that addresses some of the most critical considerations for owners around the country, about to embark on a construction project.
- Affiliate network – We have developed an internal lead acquisition platform to manage highly targeted purchasing campaigns from a large aggregated pool consisting of hundreds of thousands of leads from affiliates.
- Direct marketing – Our construction data provides us with unique insight into tens of thousands of permit submittals and approvals for construction projects across the country each month. By hitting prospects with customized messaging at the perfect time, we’re able to generate lucrative unit economics from this channel.
- SEM & Display
- Organic & Direct – By making our construction data publicly accessible on our main Website, BuildZoom.com, we’re able to attract millions of high-intent consumers (and contractors) directly to our brand. Additionally, there’s a growing segment of power users on the demand side who generate a disproportionately high volume of leads.
- Take ownership of one or more of these current growth channels, initially maintaining their trajectory while developing a deep understanding of their unit economics and how they work
- Rigorously track KPI(s) for your growth channel(s) and work daily to improve their performance, breadth, and impact while keeping the rest of the team abreast of ongoing progress
- Work with finance to set monthly and quarterly targets, and with the broader leadership team to set longer-term strategic goals
- Dive deep into the underlying data to develop a more comprehensive understanding of unit economics, and identify growth opportunities
- Identify and troubleshoot curve balls as they arise
- Each channel will bring you into collaboration with a slightly different configuration of stakeholders that you’ll work to develop strong relationships with in pursuit of exceeding company KPI(s)
- Ownership of the content marketing channel requires incremental experience/proficiency in operations and management, as it is supported by a team that the candidate will lead and work to optimize from an operational standpoint
- Our affiliate platform (‘Quartz’) requires incremental experience and/or proficiency in partner management to maintain and grow our affiliate network.
- Very strong quantitative/analytical skills – for example, you should be comfortable running a simple regression analysis to quickly gain context on a business solution
- A 2+ year track record for developing and executing on a variety of acquisition campaigns across one or several of the following key channels: SEM, affiliate, and direct mail
- You’re obsessed with balancing rapid growth with great, healthy unit economics
- The ability to breakdown and communicate findings and results to a variety of audiences
- Past experience as an entrepreneur or within an entrepreneurial environment (e.g. startup or high-growth company)
- An inherent scrappiness
- Excellent communication skills with experience working with cross-functional teams