Growth and SEO Manager
Remote (US Based)
Leaf Group is a house of brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories: Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com); Home & Decor (Hunker, Society6, Deny Designs), and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair). Additionally, we have performance focused brands in key categories such as Travel, Pets, and DIY (OnlyInYourState, Cuteness, eHow). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
WELL+GOOD: Creating a culture and community of wellness.
Trusted, influential, and famously trend-setting, Well+Good defines and demystifies wellness for a growing global community. Well+Good creates a world where wellness is stylish, achievable, and fun—connecting readers with smart, simple ways to add wellness to their lives.
Livestrong.com is a top healthy living site, covering fitness, nutrition and health. We strive to help all people make informed decisions about their wellbeing. We inspire and motivate our readers to make life-changing healthy choices by providing credible and shareable information coupled with helpful apps and an online support community. We rely on high-quality research and our network of experts to make LIVESTRONG.com the trustworthy, authoritative destination for people wanting to live their best lives.
We are looking for a Growth and SEO Manager to help us analyze and scale site traffic, with a focus on SEO, across our fitness and wellness properties, Well+Good and Livestrong.com.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Growth and SEO Manager grows with us.
You will be instrumental in the overall search strategy of two top health and wellness publishers, collaborating across teams, serving as an expert in all things SEO, managing projects across departments, delegating where needed and identifying new areas of opportunity.
You’ll Report To: VP, Audience Growth and Commerce
A typical day as a Growth Manager might include:
- Daily, monthly, and ad hoc reporting on overall traffic trends to editorial teams and leadership
- Analysis of traffic patterns and identification of potential challenges or opportunities
- Identifying the best targets for offensive/defensive topic creation, prepping the briefs and targets, and completing competitive research
- Owning a holistic traffic strategy including on-page optimization, topical keyword research, interlinking, and backlinks
- Collaborating with Editorial to help them incorporate SEO friendly copy into their writing
- Providing guidance for updating existing content to better index in search
- Serving as the key project manager between both Leaf Group internal and external SEO teams
- Working closely with Tech and Product teams to provide guidance on site architecture and SEO best practices
- Improving and owning overall SEO reporting infrastructure
What You Have:
- 3+ years of SEO strategy and technical experience
- Experience working with SEO tools such as SEMRush, Screaming Frog, Google Search Console, and more
- Comfortable leading meetings and providing directions cross-functionally
- Proven experience delivering organic traffic growth for digital media properties
- Proven understanding of and experience with agile web development process and technologies
- Highly skilled with all relevant web analytics tools and an ability to translate data to practical, strategic plans
- Very strong writing skills and user-centric design sensibility
- Experience in affiliate marketing or e-commerce a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- A desire to participate in creating the workplace you want to be a part of.
- We’re casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. Personal accountability goes a long way. We believe we are the change.
You’ll be successful if you have an editorially-informed approach to traffic and SEO and a data-driven, collaborative mindset.
- Leaf Group is among the 2022 & 2019 Built In LA Best Places To Work
- Among Comparably’s 2021 Best Companies for Company Culture, Company Perks & Benefits, Company Compensation, Best CEO for Diversity, and Best CEO for Women
- eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People’s Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- OnlyInYourState is ranked the #3 Travel and Information Site (ComScore)
- Well+Good is the 2019 People’s Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- Leaf Group is among TalentDesk’s 2019 Best Companies To Work For
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company AwardMyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Graham Holdings Company (NYSE: GHC), a storied diversified holding company
For full-time permanent roles:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Gender neutral family leave
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group is a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace that reflects our customers and the world we live in. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply for our roles. Leaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.