Graphic Designer II – Brand
Remote – USA
Job Requisition Id: R2864
Please Note: The hiring range applies to US-based employment and may be higher in certain US geographic locations.
As a Graphic Designer on our Experience Design team, you will develop multi-faceted creative concepts to support Compassion’s global brand efforts across a variety of print and digital media. We are looking for someone with superb design skills, excellent creative ideation, experience producing material in a large creative environment and a strong sense of self-direction. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
What will you do?
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintaining a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully uphold Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Act as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understand Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commit to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abide by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Report any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately support responses to incidents if they occur.
- Uphold and engage in Compassion’s core Cultural Behaviors.
- Utilize design discipline across a variety of platforms to contribute to creative pieces and concepts for specified strategies, advancing each project toward completion.
- Propose creative solutions in response to communication strategies and goals expressed by clients.
- Output design into a form to be assessed by necessary parties. This includes uploading, archiving, creating print-ready documents, video mastering and hosting, and other media delivery processes as needed.
- Create various materials to support a wide variety of requests from medium to large scale communication and marketing initiatives. Further, able to effectively deliver multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work from a conceptual understanding within the parameters outlined in project creative briefs to utilize their creative discipline to promote and expand Compassion’s mission. Maintain high level of quality conforming to professional standards.
- Produce results-oriented, effective, brand-building creative solutions that support and strengthen Compassion’s communication and marketing strategy.
- Work creatively within the brand standards to maintain the integrity, distinction, and consistency of the Compassion brand by adhering to the organization’s brand standards and guidelines.
What do you bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, or a related discipline
- 3-4 years of experience working as a designer
- Strongly preferred: Design experience within a creative agency
- Portfolio of branded design work
- Excellent creative ideation and process, with attention to detail and a focus on project success
Why work here?
- The mission: Join a team that is motivated to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
- Our benefits: Receive generous paid time off, 10% contribution to a 403(b) retirement fund on top of your salary, excellent healthcare coverage, free short-term professional counseling, and more.
- Spiritual growth: Participate in regular chapel services, prayer groups, and department devotionals.
Releasing children from poverty in Jesus’ name
It’s a mission that drives us because the need is desperate. Ten percent of the world lives on $1.90 a day or less. Our hearts break for the millions of children who suffer from lack of resources, but we rejoice because there is hope.
We at Compassion know that the transformative power of Christ’s love is not bound by nationality or economic status. Unified by this conviction, our increasingly diverse staff uses our talents and experience to serve more than two million children in 25 countries. We’re excited for you to join our ministry!