Title: Graphic Designer
Location: Remote (US or Canada)
Driven by the mission to democratize education, Paper is the largest provider of educational support, supporting millions of students through partnerships with thousands of school districts. Paper helps deliver true educational equity through their category leading Educational Support System (ESS) that offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers. Founded in 2014, Paper philosophically believes that all students should be given the tools and resources to reach their academic potential, independent of socio-economic status, geography, language or other barriers. We are headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with remote employees across the US and Canada. Paper is proud to have been named by GSV as one of the most transformational growth companies in digital learning.
Paper is looking for a talented Graphic Designer to join its marketing team. In this role, you will be vital in creating next-level marketing materials that not only champion the Paper brand but are fun. As Paper’s newest designer, you will be responsible for the design through the production of marketing materials, branding campaigns, websites and so on. You will collaborate with other designers, developers, writers, and stakeholders to ensure content is successful. Your ability to work independently, as well as with a team, coupled with strong project management skills and a drive to achieve excellence are essential to this position.
This position can be located in any geography in the US or Canada.
- Support Paper’s Marketing team in its design initiatives, creating effective and engaging content
- Creating compelling designs for a diverse array of projects such as print collateral, digital, web, event collateral and signage, logos, infographics, emails, etc. following existing brand guidelines
- Combine an understanding of design systems, grids, color, typography and photography to deliver clear and powerful visual messages
- Think of new and fun ways to make content exciting and relatable
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Manage multiple projects and timelines, to ensure deadlines are met
- Clearly communicate and collaborate with internal and external teams
- Champion new ideas and design-best-practices to cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- 4-6 years experience in design or in a related field.
- Portfolio or work samples, showing experience
- Experience in standard design and presentation applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Figma, Sketch, InVision
- Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Notion, Monday, or Hubspot is a plus.
- Comfortable working in Google G Suite, including Google Slides
- Experience in video and motion graphics is preferred
- Knowledge of social media platforms and social content creation is a plus
- Familiarity with Monday, Asana, Trello, or similar project management programs a plus
Nice to have:
- UI experience: Ability to lead the design for new mobile and web experiences and enhancements to existing ones in collaboration with Marketing, Products and Development teams
- We’re remote-first
- but we still want to meet you, so we’ll fly you in for annual meetups (sometimes more)
- We’re growing fast, and so will your career
- Monthly stipend to support the growth of your home office
- Unlimited access to tutoring and educational support for children of Paper employees
- Benefits, retirement plan (+ match), stock options, and more
Paper offers an exciting, dynamic, inclusive work environment putting excellence at the center of everything we do. Our mission is woven into the fabric of our culture, challenging our team to build meaningful and creative solutions.
We thrive when we collaborate with each other, and use integrity and selflessness to align our business decisions with our mission. We approach every challenge with positivity, achieving the outcome we want regardless of what gets in the way. Our tenacity propels our hyper-growth, where trust is key and we all strive to make an impact every day.
We believe that diverse teams build better products. Paper does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Nobody checks every box, but the Paper team is built by passionate and innovative people who share our mission for democratizing education. If you don’t think you meet all of the requirements above but are still interested in the job, please apply.
PS. Equity is our mission! We make sure to treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our job board – our amazing talent team will reach out! Our team isn’t able to pass on any calls/ emails our way – and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone.