Title: Global Category Manager, Professional Services
Location: Remote, US
As the Global Category Manager – Professional Services, this position reports to Tanium’s Head of Global Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Operations. The Global Category Manager – Professional Services will be responsible for developing and operationalizing global sourcing strategies as well as demonstrating value achieved. This position must forge strong partnerships across the global organization, effectively communicating sourcing strategies and working collaboratively with stakeholders.
It is important that the candidate has strong category experience with a global company. Except for IT and Marketing, the success of this position is dependent upon deep knowledge of sourcing across indirect spend areas including Contingent Workforce, Consulting Services, Talent Acquisition, etc.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and Implement category strategies to optimize company spend and drive business efficiency.
- Build strong relationships with internal business partners to understand the global spend and identify opportunities to increase quality and improve value for money.
- Plan and execute effective negotiation strategies and competitive processes with vendors to best position the company for success, including financial analysis and business needs assessment.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of respective global supply markets, competitors, and product innovations.
- Lead contract negotiations
Who We’re Looking For:
- BA/BS in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, or other related field required
- 5+ years of Procurement Category Management with a focus on Professional Services experience required
- Project management skills and the ability to drive change
- Experience with Coupa & it’s modules
- Experience and familiarity with NetSuite
- Experience utilizing spend analytics tools
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills and a track record of successfully working with cross-functional business stakeholders preferred
- Self-starter with superb attention to detail preferred
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively present in formal and informal settings.
- Analytics experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Organized, dependable with strong attention to detail and committed to working with integrity
- Demonstrates initiative and motivation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team leader and team player
- Person of high ethics and integrity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
Tanium, the industry’s only provider of converged endpoint management (XEM), leads the paradigm shift in legacy approaches to managing complex security and technology environments. Only Tanium protects every team, endpoint, and workflow from cyber threats by integrating IT, Operations, Security, and Risk into a single platform that delivers comprehensive visibility across devices, a unified set of controls, and a common taxonomy for a single shared purpose: to protect critical information and infrastructure at scale. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for six consecutive years and ranks on Fortune’s list of the Best Large Workplaces in Technology. In fact, more than half of the Fortune 100 and the U.S. armed forces trust Tanium to protect people; defend data; secure systems; and see and control every endpoint, team, and workflow everywhere. That’s the power of certainty. Visit www.tanium.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.