General Ledger Programmer
Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.
Paylocity is a cloud-based software company that creates customized HR solutions for small to mid-sized organizations. Our workplace enhances communication and enables employees to connect, collaborate, and create from anywhere. Our award-winning culture ensures everyone has a voice and feels truly welcome. Join Paylocity as we shape the future of technology and the workplace!
We give our employees what they need to succeed, including great benefits and perks! We offer medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and a 401(k) match, as well as perks that support you, your family, and your finances. And if it’s career development you desire, we provide that, too! At Paylocity, people matter most and have always been at the heart of our business.
Help our award-winning technology company run effectively as you take on big challenges and find solutions with a position in Operations.
Use your problem-solving skills to shape the way others see Paylocity. Launch your career with us!
The programmer will be responsible for using system tools, SQL, and in some cases high level language tools to develop custom solutions for our Payroll and HR system customers. They additionally may be required to interact with clients to gather requirements and will be developing solutions using financial and mathematical concepts.
Reports To: Manager Support
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interface with customer payroll data using SQL and Reporting programs
- Test calculations, reports, and system configurations; troubleshoot problems
- Validate the functionality of the end product according to the requirement specifications
- Partner with internal teams to refine customer requirements or identify alternative solutions
- Set client expectations of dates for different milestones in the process
- Explain rules, interfaces, reports, and calculations to customers to ensure that the customizations meet their needs
- Bachelor’s in accounting and/or computer science or one year experience in an accounts payable function or general ledger configuration role
- Familiarity with general ledger accounting principals
- Prior payroll experience preferred
- Modification of SQL Server Management Stored Procedures
- Modification of SQL Reporting Services RDL Reports
- Modification of Visual Studio XSL translation routines
- Ability to demonstrate a basic knowledge of SQL
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
- Self-Motivated – you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable – quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized – detail-oriented is your thing!
- MS Office applications – are no sweat when it comes to your skillset