Title: Full Stack Engineer
What you’ll do
In a few words
Abarca is igniting a revolution in healthcare. We built our company on the belief that with smarter technology we are redefining pharmacy benefits, but this is just the beginning
Software Development at Abarca Health houses a truly innovative team: software, systems, architecture, and automation engineers! They design, build, code, test and automate it? Then we got them on this team! Software Engineering manages the development of our suite of tech products to ensure all pharmacy benefit management services are up to date and bringing the best quality of service our clients need.
As Full Stack Engineer, you’ll be responsible for participating in the design, development, implementation, and automation of critical business processes for the Company and its internal and external clients through IT. You will work to automate processes that allow the exchange of data within the Company and between the Company and its external partners and clients.
The fundamentals for the job
- Collaborate with analysts and designers to develop and initiate new software applications and tools as well as automate business processes.
- Research, document, and implement, user manuals and guidelines, as well as program requirements and specifications.
- Write, translate, and code software programs, applications, programming scripts and tools according to specs.
- Run and monitor performance tests on new and existing software to fix mistakes, isolate areas to improve, and general debugging.
- Apply diagnostic analysis to test results and deliver solutions to critical areas.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and appearance of company website and web applications.
- Load historic client claims data during new client implementations
- Create and maintain the software/processes that receive, store, sort out, and transmit Medicare eligibility data and transaction history for all Medicare clients (Claims Detail File), individual client formulary reimbursement and drug data (used for Plan Finder).
- Upload/download data and synchronize it with subscription databases such as Medispan and NCPDP DataQ
- Own the maintenance processes for Commercial Eligibility, Explanation of Benefits (EOBs), Transition, Exclusion, and Member letters.
What you’re made of
The bold requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant experience may be considered.)
- 2+ years of experience in in Software Engineering/Development.
- 1+ years of experience with SQL Server, Database Design, T-SQL and Stored Procedures
- Experience with Visual SourceSafe and Microsoft’s .Net Framework
- Knowledge of Web and Windows Applications architecture and Microsoft programming.
- Familiar with Object Oriented languages and Design Patterns
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Nice to haves
- Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Experience with Healthcare, Pharmacy, and Pharmacy Benefit Management industries, Medicare Part D, and CMS regulations.
- Knowledge in database replication.
That something extra we d love to see
- Action for Bias
- Problem Solver
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what the role entails.
Abarca Health LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. Applicant must be a United States’ citizen. Abarca Health LLC does not sponsor employment visas at this time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.