Title: Frontend Web Developer
About The Role
Mixpanel engineering is a team that works quickly, prioritizing getting value to customers and iterating to make those experiences even better. We offer the most powerful product analytics tool while still focusing on making the user experience delightful. The web developers focus on building the fastest, most delightful user experiences by partnering closely with design and the engineering teams. We want problem solvers who leverage their CSS/HTML genius and design skills, people that live and breathe UI and design. The role will be a hybrid of engineering and design, focused on giving our web app UX and UI the polish and loving attention to detail that it deserves.
We encourage ownership and autonomy if you see customer pain points, you will be empowered to fix them. There is no “not my problem” at Mixpanel. All customer problems are ours to fix. We believe that our UX is a key differentiator, and we invest heavily in UI, aiming for a snappy and intuitive experience. We believe in Product-Led Growth, that even enterprise adoption of software tools starts with individual users and the way to get there is through creating a user experience that gets customers to answers quickly. We are investing in amazing UX at every touchpoint be it the website, help docs, dev docs, community, contacting support, asking sales for a demo, etc. This work is high impact as it affects not only immediate business goals of driving sign ups, but will have long lasting impact on our brand. The team is being built from scratch, we aim to rethink everything, our brand, every online presence we have, every interaction, ui components, data systems, website and docs frameworks. Help us build a high impact team that will make Mixpanel standout.
Working closely with Marketing, Brand Design, and our Product teams you’ll be building out frameworks, components and user experiences that set Mixpanel apart. Some upcoming projects include
- Contributing to and improving our design system that is used to build our beautiful products.
- Expanding the vision and interaction design of our online experiences
- Building a consistent and seamless experience across all of Mixpanel’s public facing surface areas (developer docs, help docs, marketing site, blog, etc.)
We’re Looking For Someone Who Has
- You have familiarity with CSS, SVG and JS animations
- You have an interest and passion for design and creating unique user experiences
- You are excited to work closely with Marketing and Brand Design to build exciting new experiences for customers.
- You are focused on optimizing performance and accessibility.
- Passion for rendering performance and responsive web design
- You enjoy solving ambiguous problems and taking ownership.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
*please note that benefits and perks for contract positions will vary*
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
We’re the leader in product analytics and have raised $277M from prominent investors like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, YC, and Bain Capital. Over the years, we’ve seen a spike in our leading indicators signups and weekly active users which have directly translated to revenue growth. Recently, we secured a $200M Series C growth investment from Bain Capital to accelerate our product development, expand our reach to customers, and more. Our award-winning teams make our continued growth possible by finding creative solutions to ever-changing challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and service. Today, we’re the only company single-mindedly focused on enabling the world’s most innovative companies to use data to uncover insights about their customers to build better products.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. At Mixpanel, we are focused on things that really matter our people, our customers, our partners out of a recognition that those relationships are the most valuable assets we have. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We’ve immersed ourselves in our Culture and Values as our guiding principles for the impact we want to have and the future we are building.
Refer a Friend!
Refer a friend through the Mixpanel Non-Employee Referral Program and you could receive a one-time referral payment up to $3,000! The program is open to persons unaffiliated with our business to assist Mixpanel in attracting, hiring, and retaining the very best talent. To submit a referral, please complete this form.