We’re always keeping our eyes out for great peopleâ€”always looking, carefully hiring. The right person loves collaboration with coworkers and clients and believes it leads to the best work. The right builder also wants to work in a learning-hungry web environment and help lead the web industry by sharing. Sparkbox has been intentionally working to build a team where we acknowledge our own imperfections, make all feel welcome, and humbly help each other grow.
You will be expected to help craft solutions to client needs, recognizing the constraints of each unique situation. You’ll work with our team of designers and developers to turn those solutions into high-quality, well-tested websites and applications that are accessible to as many people as possible.
We’re looking for applicants with at least some level of professional web development experience. If you haven’t quite gained the professional experience needed to be a great fit for this particular Frontend Developer position, we recommend that you apply instead for our Full-Stack Developer Apprenticeship.
We’re actively looking for individuals that will bring a diverse perspective to the Sparkbox office. Passion and humility are vital, as you’ll work directly with our designers, project managers, and other developers at Sparkbox. You’ll also interact with clients and should feel comfortable presenting work. You’ll need to be hungry to learn new things, advance your skills, and push to find new processes.
A few things you could spend your days with:
- CSS, Sass, and CSS-in-JS built responsively for many browsers
- Clean, semantic HTML
- Git, Github, CircleCI, Netlify, and Heroku
- Dynamic Pattern Libraries, Design Systems, Storybook
- Accessibility (WCAG 2.1 AA or higher) and Progressive Enhancement
- WordPress, Drupal, ExpressionEngine, and more
- Work closely with designers to translate designs to code
- Test-Driven Development
- Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Potential to lead project teams in partnership with client developers
- Not required but a bonus if you have PHP or Ruby experience
- Share your learnings on the Sparkbox blogâ€”Check out The Foundry
Sparkbox has been intentionally working to build a team where we acknowledge our own imperfections, make all feel welcome, and humbly help each other grow. If you can bring a fresh perspective to a team of humble people who love what they do, we’d love to talk with you.
In return for your outstanding work, Sparkbox offers the following:
- Remote work
- Flexible Schedule
- Healthcare Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Mental Health Benefit (Employer Paid)
- Accident, Critical Illness & Hospital Insurance
- Health Savings Account (Employer Match)
- Flex Savings Account
- Simple IRA (Employer Match)
- Paid Vacation
- Vacation-Buy Option
- Annual Vacation Bonus
- Annual Wellness Budget
- Annual Education Budget and Match
- Competitive Salary
- Commission Opportunities
- Paid Holidays
- Short/Long-Term Disability
- Provided Equipment
- Some of the Best Coworkers You’ll Ever Meet
People and families come first around here, which is part of why we offer 13 paid holidays (including a week or more shutdown at the end of the year) in addition to vacation.