Footwear Design Specialist
About Gravity Sketch
Our team is on a mission to revolutionise the way we bring ideas to life and fundamentally change the way 3D design is done today. We help design teams to create and communicate 3D ideas in the quickest and most intuitive way possible. We’ve developed the first end-to-end 3D design platform that allows teams to carry out work from the early phases of the design process all the way through to hand-off for productionisation. The tools we have developed are changing the way companies across automotive, industrial design, and entertainment industries carry out their day-to-day work. The platform is helping teams deliver more creative outputs, foster better collaboration, and compress products’ time to market resulting in a much more sustainable product development process. The platform offers VR, tablet, and web-based applications allowing users to bring the tools seamlessly into their workflow. Cross-discipline teams at companies such as Ford Motor Company and Adidas depend on the platform to collaborate and deliver world-class products both physical and digital. Being highly skilled in the use of Gravity Sketch is important for new hires in industry leaders such as Adidas/Yeezy, sitting alongside tools like Adobe’s Photoshop.
- Just closed an $33m Series A round led by Accel and GV, with some exciting angels joining such as Tony Fadell (inventor of the iPod and iPhone), Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Kevin Durant and Rich Kleiman (Thirty Five Ventures), Soleio (famed as the Like button designer) and Paul Robson (Adobe’s Head of International)
- We have 4x our revenue and 5x our user base in the last year
- ~1.5 million app downloads (most of which was in the last 18 months)
Our Team & Culture
We’re a lean but ambitious team of ~70 spread across the globe (UK, Europe & North America). We may be geographically spread out, but we’re tied by our mission to radically change how teams communicate ideas spatially and expressively from anywhere.
Our focus is on output and getting the work done, not counting the hours you work. We appreciate that everyone has their own optimum setup, and so provide flexibility in terms of when and where you get work done.
Impact, ownership and being part of our team on a missionare at the heart of our culture. We encourage everyone to experiment, bring new ideas to the table, and challenge one another in order to arrive at the best solutions for our users. Trustis another fundamental, which is echoed through autonomy of our work. We rely on each other to be resourceful, make decisions quickly, give honest feedback, ask for help, or do whatever needs to be done in order to make a positive impact on the team, users, or business.
We are all learning as we build this business and find that with each new addition to the team our ambition grows. We look for teammates that wish to grow with us on the journey; we value individuals with a curiosity to learn and eagerness to take initiative, following through on the work we initiate. Innovation day takes place every month, creating space to focus on an innovative passion project (something that would be cool for users).
We work hard, and know how to have fun too; with company trips, socials, sports, gaming sessions and more. We welcome you to share your hobbies with the team so we can all try something new!
You will work closely with designers at some of the most exciting and innovative companies in the world; helping them understand and unlock powerful workflows through the use of Gravity Sketch. You will educate and inspire designers across Footwear, through structured training and workflow sessions. We are looking for someone with a passion for innovation who can build strong relationships and teach a new workflow to enthusiastic users with empathy.
What you will do:
Design specialist: Own the experience for new teams and designers wanting to learn the tool.
- Build relationships with designers to understand their current work flow, pain points and identify their needs.
- Engage with design directors to understand their vision for the team and what is needed to execute a successful trial.
- Build customised trials that will provide maximum value to the team based on the needs identified.
- Deliver engaging training sessions that inspire designers / managers to use the tool in their workflows and unlock a new level of creativity.
- Create presentations and content to communicate the Gravity Sketch business case to customers and the wider business.
- Be proactive in driving designer engagement between training sessions.
- Identify, create and organise the resources needed to support the designers depending on where they are in their journey, including documentation and workflow videos.
- Make use of our training metrics to identify where training sessions are succeeding and where there are course corrections required.
- Research and deeply understand Gravity Sketch and other software used in the design workflow – their use cases, designer pain points, value propositions.
- Become proficient in our customer’s design workflows and how Gravity Sketch can provide value to those workflows
- Expertise: Have a strong knowledge of key software used in designers workflows (Gravity Sketch, CAD, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Qualification: Product/ Industrial/Footwear focused design degree.
- People-oriented: Great listening and relationship building skills, and able to demonstrate patience and empathy for teaching designers new skills and workflows.
- Excellent communicator: Both written and verbal English. Visual communication skills for building interesting and engaging presentations and training sessions.
- Organisation: Excellent time management and organisation, with strong attention to detail.
- Self-driven: Able to hit the ground running and execute quickly once we have aligned on a plan. Self-driven to learn, to set targets, and able to work under limited supervision.
- Versatile: Able to learn and adapt approaches based on different commercial priorities.
- Passion and curiosity: Avid interest in design and understanding how different products are made, curious personality and enjoys digging deep to understand and solve a problem.
- Grit: Positive attitude, and strong team working skills and hungry for success, not afraid to roll up sleeves and help out wherever needed
Please note this is a fully remote role. We can consider candidates from any state, with a preference for East Cost regions.
What we offer
- Uncapped holidays: Startup world is busy, we encourage taking time off to recharge and rest.
- Flexible working: we appreciate that everyone has their optimum setup and things to work around in life. We would support remote and hybrid working as well as varying hours.
- 50/ month personal wellbeing budget
- Private healthcare
- 1,000 personal budget per year for professional development. You will learn a lot here but there may be more want or need. With this budget, we aim to support you in your career growth.
- Team lunch Wednesdays: out together in person, or virtually with food delivery credit.
- Socials, ski trips & a biannual global meet up: we are passionate about bringing everyone together whenever we can, this helps build tighter bonds and alignment.
- Enhanced parental leave policy (maternity and paternity)
- Cyclescheme & Techscheme
- Chance to work at a fast growing start-up changing how the products of the future are designed, and exposure to a transparent startup journey
- Real work ownership – you drive your own initiatives and have an opportunity to take your work all the way through to launch.
- Opportunity to work with some of the world’s leading design companies
- Transparent insight into the startup journey, plus unparalleled learning if you’re up for the challenge!