Employer: Discover Financial Services
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it â€” we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
This senior level role will be tasked with formulating Strategy and Architecture within the Cloud and Edge Computing/On-Boarding Domain of Hybrid Cloud Democratization Product Family. Strategy and architecture must align to the goals of the business, it must support a broad range of capabilities, often articulated in non-technical terms. Being able to take business requirements and map those to a set of capabilities supported by one or more technologies and products is paramount to effective delivery. Additionally, mega-trends must be considered, often as forward-looking positions about where technology might need to meet the business in the future. And lastly by virtue of being in a heavily regulated industry that operates globally, the strategy and architecture must be nimble enough to adjust to the ever-changing regulatory environment.
At your core you are an Architect that has demonstrated the engineering and architecture skills necessary to help drive the Hybrid Cloud Democratization Strategy for Discover. You will be responsible for collaborating with other senior architects across numerous domains. While the role will not require direct leadership, you will be required to partner with product owners to align with Cloud and Edge Computing/On-boarding Domain strategy and delivery against the architecture. This is a technical role that demands that the candidate have had exposure to a wide range of technologies, including but not limited traditional infrastructure, public cloud, Kubernetes, application development & automation. You will be responsible for working with the Hybrid Cloud Democratize Chief Product Family Architect to create a vision & roadmap for Discover’s technology. You must be a great communicator with ability to build consensus across numerous stakeholders.
As an enterprise architect, you’ll work to ensure architecture cohesiveness and drive alignment to both business and technology objectives for initiatives that span multiple product areas and/or LOBs. You’ll have a broad view of products, technologies, processes, and data and how they should work together to deliver business value.
- Define the Cloud & Edge Computing/On-boarding Domain of Hybrid Cloud Democratization architecture
- Collaborate with Product Family Architect to synchronize architecture and roadmap
- Collaborate with Product Family Architect to ensure architecture aligns to business objectives
- Collaborate with engineers and architects to socialize the domain strategies
- Create partnership with Product Owners to deliver and adopt cloud and edge computing/on-boarding architecture and strategy
- Delivery of architecture across traditional, hybrid-cloud and multi-cloud cloud and edge computing/on-boarding solutions
- Integrate with Agile Methodology to track enterprise strategic alignment and deliverables
- Partners with business and IT leadership along with product area architects regularly to understand key business initiatives to ensure product area target architectures are aligned with enterprise architecture and industry strategies
- Provides insights and recommendations to Executive Committee on strategic architectural opportunities
- Consult on candidate architectures produced by product areas. Assists and guides product areas through the governance process
- Leads and/or contributes to architectures that span across product areas and/or LOBs
- Ensures other Enterprise Architects, Domain Architects, and Infrastructure Architects are engaged and strategies are incorporated into target product area architectures
- Provides conduit for feedback loop between technology enablers (e.g., EAIS, Security, Data) and Value Streams
- Promotes consistent architecture practices across the architecture community. Stays current with industry architectures and best practices and influence enterprise technology strategy and initiatives
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors â€“ Computer Science or related
- 10+ Years â€“ Software Development, Software Engineering, Technical Architecture or Related
- Internal applicants only: technical proficiency rating of expert on the Dreyfus architecture scale
Bonus Points If You Have:
- 5+ years with public cloud providers such as GCP and/or AWS
- Practical experience in delivering and operationalizing public and private computing
- Extensive background in Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform and VMware solutions
- Deep understanding of Hybrid, Multi-Cloud and Distributed Computing Architecture
- Enterprise grade experience in on-boarding public cloud to corporate standards and requirements
- Understanding of traditional, virtual, managed and containerized infrastructure and applications
- Enterprise level experience in architectural design, review and collaboration
- Track record of managing technology lifecycle and delivery; including future-state
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills