Employer: DICK’S Sporting Goods
- As a Engineering Manager, you will be given a chance to contribute to the products we create, help grow the next generation of engineering talent, in the Supply Chain space, and help shape the technology strategy of the enterprise.
- In addition, you will be given the chance to work with our most strategic vendors to ensure that 3rd party tools and applications are readily available to all product teams that are interested in using them.
- The Engineering Manager will also play a part in driving change management and process improvement.
- This engineering manager will be a critical hire and will need to help keep the existing legacy WMS in tact and operationally excellent in terms of support and delivery, but in addition to that this engineering manager will also need to to help support the move our existing legacy WMS (i-series) into a more modernized WMS, this wont happen immediately but they will need to help disseminate knowledge across their teams, as well as help with any migration to the modern WMS that is needed.
- This is a full time remote opportunity. We are looking to hire immediately. Immigration sponsorship, including permanent residency/green card sponsorship is available upon hire date.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Delivery & Execution:
- If a product teams exists you will be able to collaborates and pairs with product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
- Ensures the solutions delivered improve the overall economics of the organization while taking into account the long term costs associated with solutions implemented.
- Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met
- Writes custom code or scripts to automate test cases, monitoring services, or other areas of automation.
- Works with vendors and partners for the successful implementation of critical tooling and platforms
- Creates meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and responses to ensure that issues are captured and addressed proactively
- Contributes to enterprise-wide tools to drive destructive testing, automation, and engineering empowerment
- Participates in and leads review board sessions to drive consistency across the enterprise
- Makes suggestions that help drive operational excellence to create internal customer satisfaction and meet operational metrics
- Identifies and enables ways to improve team productivity and efficiency
- Identifies areas of duplicative work and redundant solutions that could be consolidated into enterprise services
- Fills in on product teams for engineers who are out of the office
Support & Enablement:
- Fields questions from engineers, product teams, or support teams
- Monitors tools and participates in conversations to encourage collaboration across product teams
- Provides application support for software running in production
- Acts as a technical escalation point for the engineers on the team
- Work closing with our business teammates at all levels of the supply chain Organization
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and coaching to Software Engineers
- Attracts, retains, and develops top talent to build a world class Software Engineering Team
- Conducts annual and mid-year reviews by reviewing individual development plans and team feedback
- Fosters collaboration with team members to drive consistency across product teams, and finds opportunities to expose engineers to career interests
- Acts as a proponent of modern software development practices
- Guides team members in strategy, alignment, analysis, and execution tasks within and across product teams
- Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice)
- Learns, through reading, tutorials, and videos, new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
- Builds relationships with technology leaders at other companies to learn best practices and elegant solutions to common problems
WE INSPIRE TOP PERFORMANCE.
- Competitive Pay
- Professional Training Programs
- Performance-Based Pay Increases
- Teammate only discouts
- DailyPay Payday your way
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in Supply Chain
- Mastery of modern product development processes and pipelines
- Proficient in effective troubleshooting and issue resolution techniques
- Proficient in effective system monitoring and log analysis techniques
- Capable of understanding complicated systems quickly
- Proficiency in guiding more junior team members through Software Engineering fundamentals in a professional setting
- Proficient managing and growing team members in a professional setting
- Proficient balancing workloads across teams
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Experience with translating high level strategy to tactical execution
- Exposure to a CI/CD toolchain
- Understanding of WMiS (MA nice to have)
- Exposure to a cloud computing platform and the associated automation patterns they provide
- Exposure to REST and effective web service design
- Exposure to production systems design including High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Performance, Efficiency, and Security
- Experience with Lean Product/Agile Development and knowledge of usage (using Kanban, scrum, jira, etc)
- Experience with working on an i-series platform and the various pieces of technology associated with an i-series.
- Mastery of a modern object oriented design and programming language (Java/RPG ILE)
- Mastery in writing SQL queries against a relational database. Working experience in SQL and NOSQL. Preferred DB2.
- Mastery of a modern web application framework such as Spring boot/UML/Struts/Spring nice to have
- Excellent knowledge of all WMS processes and technologies within the four walls of and RDC/MFC (including MHE/Automation, Pick to store etc)
- Experience with MA WMS or Koerber WMS (iseries to open systems or modern WMS)
- Exposure to destructive testing methodologies, behavioral testing and tools, experience with test driven development also important
- Experience with Integration technologies and middleware platforms (ESB, API gateway, etc.)
- Eclipse Development Environments
- Exposure to 12-factor methodology and its benefits, and able to demonstrate appropriate patterns to more junior team members
- Exposure to defensive coding practices and patterns for high-availability