Email and Marketing Automation Manager
- Digital strategy development and execution: Responsible for providing a personalized, cohesive user experience across digital channels. This includes designing, creating, measuring and continuously improving the user journey to engage users and drive conversions.
- Digital Marketing technologies ownership and support: Serves as a business owner of the company’s personalization and marketing automation systems. This role manages the integrations between systems supporting digital ecosystem, including marketing automation, web content management, and translations management. He/she stays abreast of new technologies and innovations within digital marketing to constantly improve the user experience.
- Customer service: Responsible for managing and initiating work with other departments/organizations if needed, communicating with the other Digital Marketing team members and external agencies on complex, escalating requests if needed, and communicating timelines and details with content owners.
- Research and strategy development: Participates in research activities along with the other Digital Marketing team members. Research projects, which will involve a multitude of subjects, are intended to drive innovations that further digital marketing strategy.
- Management: Provides direct supervision to all staff supporting email and marketing automation, including full-time employees, contractors and agencies. Manages vendor relationships with marketing automation system vendors, creative/support agencies and consultants. Ensures projects and vendor contracts adhere to approved budgets and timeframes.
- Primary point of contact for data mining/segmentation/reporting, email program build and execution, including form/landing page development and campaign attribution within Marketing Automation Platforms (Marketo,Adobe Target , SalesLoft, Groove, SFDC )
- Provides general support for internal promotion of email content through development of email communications leveraged through one-to-few email marketing tools and providing HTML versions of emails for the sales team
- Supports ABM strategy with the development of named accounts. Recommends ways to develop and automate triggers for these programs, supports account-specific program development/execution, and reporting.
- Works with direct reports and supports internal clients with development and execution of digital programs, including cultivation/nurture, account-based, and support for all strategic imperatives.
- Maintain global email program calendar for all external email communications, in order to mitigate audience fatigue as well as accommodate for all upcoming programs.
- Develop and maintain ongoing automated programs to support data hygiene, auto responses, and email alerts.
- Provides database support by maintaining data counts by various demographic and behavioral segments in order to have a pulse on who’s in our database at any given time and trend changes.
- Measure, analyze and benchmark database health, like bounce rates, opt-out rates, delivery rates. Ensure rates align with industry standards, and investigate and resolve any issues outside those standards. Monitor deliverability and enforce adherence to anti-SPAM and global privacy and data compliance laws.
- Works in collaboration with stakeholders to make updates to lead scoring model.
Collaboration with stakeholders
- Build solid cross-functional relationships and work with all levels within an organization.
- Apply superior verbal/written communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills to work across multiple constituents.
Areas of impact
- Apply strong project management skills in order to prioritize and direct activities across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and in order to meet business goals
- Apply your fundamental knowledge of digital marketing and web development practices and processes to web-related projects
- Meticulous attention-to-detail and quick decision making ability allow for quality management of multiple projects, email programs (and the content within), and shifting priorities and deadlines
- Work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified timeframes.
- 7+ years of experience in Digital Marketing
- General understanding of online B2B environments
- BA/BS in Marketing, E-Commerce or a related field
- Experience and expertise in Marketing Automation and CRM, especially Marketo and Salesforce.com
- Experience in personalization tools, especially Adobe Target
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, Adobe CC and Dreamweaver
- Experience with Web Content Management Systems, such as Squiz
- Ability to build solid cross-functional relationships and work with all levels within an organization
- Superior verbal/written communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills to work across multiple constituents
- Positive attitude, flexibility and problem solving mentality
- Strong project management skills; must be able to prioritize and direct activities across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and consistently meet business goals
- Fundamental knowledge of digital marketing and web development practices and processes
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified timeframes