Title: Editorial Coordinator, SB Nation
Location: Remote (US Only)
SB Nation seeks an organized self-starter to further develop the content our staff is creating. This person will report to NFL management and work with NFL writers, and will be responsible for SEO optimization, building out internal and external communication processes, and streamlining the day-to-day processes for our editors and staff writers.
WHO WE ARE
SB Nation is the largest independent sports media brand, consisting of SBNation.com, Secret Base, MMAFighting, OutSports and more than 280 fan-centric team communities.
SB Nation is part of Vox Media, the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about what’s now, what’s next, and what’s possible.
As a community of journalists and storytellers, business professionals, creators and technologists, we believe it is a moral and business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization and media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, and our platforms, products, and partnerships.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Help manage day-to-day aspects of NFL coverage
- Coordinating content swaps and posting to site
- Maintaining editorial calendar between managers and contributors
- Maintaining evergreen editorial content
- Assisting with special projects
- Building out cross-promotion within published content
- Creating appropriate sidebars, related links, link sets
- Developing opportunities to promote our content internally and externally
- Various editorial tasks including SEO, writing, and copy-editing
- Managing news desk scheduling calendar
- Scheduling and leading efficient team meetings and communicating relevant information to stakeholders
- Make sure all important communication is documented, easily accessible, and up-to-date
- Maintaining team policy and process documentation
WHO YOU ARE
- A strong work ethic and a flexible, can-do attitude
- Ability to multi-task and thrive while juggling many projects at once
- Enthusiasm for NFL content required
- Basic understanding of copy-editing and SEO preferred
- Knowledge of Twitter and other social media platforms
- Experience with web publishing a plus
If you think you have what it takes, but don’t meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! We’ve hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, and sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
This job is remote. We’re dedicated to the health and well-being of all of our employees, and when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
WHY VOX MEDIA?
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life.