Domain Driven Design Software Engineer
United States (Remote)
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation. The people of Ford Motor Credit Company have a 60-year commitment to helping put people behind the wheels of great Ford and Lincoln vehicles. By partnering with dealerships, we provide financing, personalized service and professional expertise to five thousand dealers and more than four million customers in over 100 countries around the world. If you’re customer-focused, driven and seeking the opportunity to experience exciting challenges and growth, look no further.
In this position…
Back-end Software Engineer on the Customer Domain team working at Ford Motor Credit Company. The ideal candidate will apply Agile software development practices to deliver products using domain-driven design techniques and developing a distributed system architecture.
What you’ll do…
- Building, designing, and coaching teammates to create Available, Testable, and Portable software using Domain Driven Design, Hexagonal Architecture, Behavior Driven Development.
- Creating robust data strategies based upon Event Sourcing and CQRS techniques, leveraging different platforms that fit the needs of internal and external clients.
- Leading the break down of requirements into manageable and measurable units of work; continuing to plan and report the work as it is completed against a predictable schedule.
- Coordinating development efforts across teams and departments to ensure shared delivery success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field
- Experience designing, organizing, and building critical systems.
- Must have experience with 2 of the 4 of the following: Domain Driven Design, Event Sourcing, event Driven Architecture and/or CQRS (Command Query Responsibility Segregation)
- 5+ years of growing, mentoring, and fostering less experienced teammates.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering and coaching for object oriented design, SOLID code, TDD, and requirements gathering and refinement.
- Technology / Skills: Java, Angular, React, HTML, GCP, PostGreSQL, Big Query, Cloud SQL, Cloud Storage, GitHub, OpenShift, Tekton, MS Office proficiency, Rally / Jira proficiency
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills