Note from FlexJobs Staff: Please note income information is provided for Colorado residents only, and the employer is open to candidates from other areas. Please inquire with the employer.
Title: Director, WorkForce Management – Contact Center – Telecommute
Location: San Francisco CA US
Job Category: Customer Service and Claims
Job Type: Full-time
This leader is directly responsible for building strong global partner relationships and producing performance results to support the growing acute and ambulatory patient contact center solution at Optum360. This position is a critical member of the patient contact center leadership team, driving a strong patient experience and performance results to service patients with excellence.
In addition, this position will have significant interaction with prospective and current client leadership. This leader must serve as the central liaison for all global vendor partners supporting the patient contact center by partnering to develop training materials as required to educate internal teams on material changes relating to global partner processes impacting clients and patients, as well as educate global partners on changes to Optum processes as applicable.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for oversight and leadership of patient contact center global partners performance strategies including process improvement, business continuity, project management, quality, compliance, performance management and remediation
- Leading a team to deliver consistent, strong results for the clients in patient contact centers to including appointment scheduling, customer service, early out and other functions per clientagreements
- Strategic planning to deliver scalable, evolving solution to meet developing client demands. Collaboration with supporting areas to develop long term standard global operating model
- Building strong and collaborative relationships with client management leaders to ensure we areexceeding expectations and raising areas of concern proactively
- Effectively utilize tools and data to capture and continually improve client and patient satisfaction. Ensure leadership team is effectively monitoring and cascading this to the line level staff
- Ensure that global partners service measures, controls, reporting output and governancestructures are in place and evolve in line with changing business, client and operational requirements and provide regular and proactive updates to senior leadership and impacted client leads on improvement initiatives
- Analyze and communicate performance metrics to drive performance and improvements across all client teams and throughout the patient contact center to enhance the ongoing strategic businessrelationship between Optum Provider patient Contact Center and external clients
- Support projects to enable onboarding, implementation and management of new global partners or increased responsibilities of existing global partners as well as new or existing client scope expansion
- Investigate and resolve all client and patient issues and escalations and present root-cause and solutions; track issues and complaints in a centralized mechanism that enables reporting for trend and patient engagement journey analysis
- Partner with cross-functional teams including but not limited to: product, quality, LPS, client management, transition, human capital, finance, IT/Telcom, workforce management, and Optum global and revenue cycle operations to manage the development of global partner processes incoordination with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with operational leadership and client support executives to identify areas of opportunity to improve global partner performance and develop reports and materials to support evidence of quality controls related to global partner functions
- 5+ years related experience in one or more areas such as process improvement, project management, healthcare operations, etc.
- 5+ years related experience patient access, admissions, scheduling, patient contact centers, revenue cycle healthcare operations, etc.
- Experience in working with both on and off shore teams as part of an integrated solution
- Experience managing multiple projects across disciplines
- Advanced Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining rapport and influence with clients
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing opportunities and develop creative solutions to a wide variety of unique implementation challenges
- Ability to manage and support organizational change and assist individuals through the transition
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- 2+ years of project management experience
- 1+ years process improvement experience with demonstrated results executing process improvement projects using traditional methodologies (Lean Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis, and PDSA)
- EPIC systems experience
- Capable of interpreting, communicating and executing organizational mission and value concepts to a wide range of organizational and community representatives
- Excellent communication, leadership, customer service, facilitation, and problem-solving skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.